Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Started Induction over (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=4584)

montgomeryps99 Tue, May-01-01 14:50

Hello Everyone had a rough weekend Thrusday through Saturday. I introduced a friend of mine to a friend of DH in July an dthey got married saturday. Any how thursday night had bridal shower, rehearsal on friday, wedding on saturday, and of course ate thngs I shouldn't of been eating those 3 days so first thing Monday morning I put my self back on the induction I've done so good I don't want a set back now. Of course I am not going to get on the scales until friday cause I am afraid I may have gained.

debbiedobson Tue, May-01-01 16:07

i screw up every weekend christine and always start fresh on monday determined not to mess up. so i'm inducting right along with you. :D

Tinakaye Tue, May-01-01 19:53

Sometimes we have to look for the bright spots, at least you didn't continue on off plan and came right back to where you know where you need to be :)

And Debbie, Hope im not being to personal, but why do you go off plan every weekend?? Do you continue to lose doing that?? Just curious

montgomeryps99 Wed, May-02-01 09:26

Thanks for your reply Tina. I do know where I need to be I have tried so many other diets and have never been able to stick with them because I don't get the results, not like I have with Atkins diet this diet is working and I have every intention of sticking with it till I get this weight off. Even after wards I know I will still have to keep an eye on what I am eating but I am learnign the right way to eat. Have a great day.

agonycat Wed, May-02-01 09:41

Tina I just clicked on your web page and all I can say is YOU'RE MY NEW HERO!

Wow! You did what I plan on doing.

*Can I hate you now?* Just joking :D

debbiedobson Wed, May-02-01 16:50

tina i don't lose by going off plan, but i've kept my weight the same for 2 years. i have a couple of drinks with my husband on friday and saturday nights. i guess the fermented sugars in the alcohol start my sugar cravings. i don't know why though, because when i first started in may/99, once induction was over i'd have a couple of drinks on the weekends and still lose. i didn't lose fast, but it did lose 12lb. i've put 6 back on. now i want to recommit to atkins and i keep sabotaging myself. i plan to stay true every weekend, it just doesn't seem to happen. i'm going to try really hard this weekend. i want to lose about 20lb.

i must agree with agonycat, you're my lc hero.:D

doreen T Wed, May-02-01 20:05

Quote:
Originally posted by montgomeryps99
.........and of course ate thngs I shouldn't of been eating those 3 days so first thing Monday morning I put my self back on the induction I've done so good I don't want a set back now. ........
Good for you Christine! I just know you'll be successful. Some folks would have been discouraged, and continued the cheats for the rest of the week, or longer ... for you to get right back on the minute the weekend was over, that took a lot of determination, but you did it. I'm sure the scales won't be too unkind on Friday .. ;)

Doreen

Tinakaye Wed, May-02-01 20:14

Aww thanks Debbie, but I royally messed up my first year as well. Maybe if you didn't drink anything then you would start losing again? Or is it that you drink and your resolve melts and you eat more carbs??

Try this weekend of starting the day off with some good old bacon and eggs and do some sort of work out. And hopefully you'll be feeling so good about yourself that you won't want to cheat yourself :)

Heheh Cat, your a nut lmbo but thank you :) Im glad you enjoyed my site.

agonycat Thu, May-03-01 07:07

heheh
Yeah I know...I'm a nut. But I'm a happy nut!

Seriously Tina, you have something to be very proud of in losing all that weight. I will one day join you in that goal. You look terrific btw and I am sure your husband is very proud of you as well.

I showed my husband your site and he was very impressed. Now he is even more supportive of my losing the weight on this diet and said he will help anyway he can.

Thanks a zillion!

dankar Thu, May-03-01 07:59

You are an inspiration...

Tina. Your determination is truly an inspiration. Your site inspired me as it will many others. Thank you. dankar

Tinakaye Thu, May-03-01 19:20

Thanks guys :) Im glad my site helps to inspire others. As I go to all the other sites to be inspired lol My own is more of my journal in the sense that I have a horrid memory and I like to write it down to keep track of when I weighed what! lol And its helped me when I wasn't losing any weight on the scale I could compare the photos and see there were still changes going on :)