Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Hi everyone (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=45194)

kimmy_3 Mon, May-20-02 20:34

Hi everyone

Hi everyone, :wave:
Today is my first day on the atkin's diet and I pray that this one will work. I am getting tired of being over weight and feel totally miserable. This seems like it is going to be a little challenging since I don't like eggs but I am to the point that I would like to make a permenant lifestyle change for health and self confidence reasons. How long does it usually take to start seeing changes in weight and body?

Kim :heart:

Rosebud Mon, May-20-02 22:32

Hi Kimmy, welcome to the forum! :wave:

The best way to be sure that this "diet" will work is to stop thinking of it as a diet. We usually refer to a WOE (way of eating) or WOL (way of life). It might sound inconsequential but it made quite a difference for me in the way I thought about it.

You don't need to eat eggs if you don't like them. There's no law that says we must all eat bacon and eggs for breaffast, for example. I personally eat eggs only occasionally.
Have a look at the Kitchen: Low Carb Recipes section for ideas on what to eat. (Just scroll down on the main page) Or go to Low Carb Recipes on the orange bar at the top of the screen.

How long it takes to see changes in weight and body varies from person to person. Almost everybody loses weight very quickly while on Induction, so you should see some scale changes quite soon.

Good luck Kimmy!

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

Marion13 Mon, May-20-02 22:52

Hi Kimmy

Welcome aboard... we are all here to support and encourage each other. Good luck with your new WOE. I can honestly say that since changing to this WOE I have never felt better. If you have any questions don't hesitate to post them, there will always be someone there to answer them.

Maz

kimmy_3 Tue, May-21-02 10:03

your right

You are so right I do need to think about this as a new way of eating sometimes the word diet makes people feel so deprived and then the pressure starts. Thanks for responding and I hope I can lose a few pounds before I go to the beach at the end of this month.

Kim

mbschlgr Tue, May-21-02 14:22

Hi Kim and welcome! You will find so much support here and that is what will help you with your success.

Start a journal with us and feel free to read what everyone is doing for some ideas.

Ask away on any questions you have!

YOU CAN DO IT :cheer:

kimmy_3 Fri, May-24-02 14:19

Hi

It has been 4 days and I have lost 4 lbs. but I feel so tired :o and moody. Everyone keeps talking about those ketosticks but they are so expensive. Is it necessary to use these. :confused:

Kim

TeriDoodle Fri, May-24-02 15:13

Ketostix

They are absolutely NOT necessary.... keep your money.

Day 4 and tired.... just hang in there, it gets much better. Make sure you get enough sleep too, your body is going through some radical changes!! Most importantly, eat your veggies that you're allowed and DRINK THAT WATER!!!!!!!