Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Shake Review: Whey Gourmet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44445)

tlawson Tue, May-14-02 09:46

Whey Gourmet

I just have to say, this morning I tried the Strawberry/Banana Whey Gourmet shake, and it was soooooo good :yum: I'm so glad I tried it. I have tried so many other kinds that I thought were just foul - the smell, the taste, blech!!

Anyway, I made this with 3 oz heavy cream, 3 oz cold purified water, and ice with a scoop of the powder in the blender. Looked just like a milkshake - tasted like one too!!

The only problem is I couldn't finish the whole one because my son kept drinking it - he loves it!! I would have made him his own, but he was sleeping when I started making it, and I had to run out the door - late as usual!!

Anyway, just had to share :D

IslandGirl Tue, May-14-02 16:41

Theresa, I think the true taste test for any flavoured LC shake mix or protein powder would be how it tastes WITHOUT 3 ounces of heavy cream....

:D

tlawson Tue, May-14-02 17:35

True enough, Judi, true enough!! However, this also passed my even more stringent "sniff test" - no foul, chemically, yuck smell to it. For me, if it smells bad, no way is it going down ;)

I have found that just about anything tastes better with heavy cream, and for this shake, as it still comes in at around 5 g carbs WITH the cream, I'm probably not going to venture to make it without :D

IslandGirl Tue, May-14-02 17:47

I'm just whining because I'm stuck on a no-dairy trip for a while.... :mad:

Ruth Tue, May-14-02 19:23

Stop whining Jude!

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandGirl
I'm just whining because I'm stuck on a no-dairy trip for a while.... :mad:

This is self-imposed no-dairy, is it not? Quit the whingeing.

Love ya Jude, {{hugs}} R

Other flavours: I am quite fond of Blueberry & Creamy Caramel. A very new flavour, Creamy Orangesicle is :yum: Of course I always have basic vanilla on hand. The other new flavour, Pina Colada, is a hit with Marlaine. I hope she remembers to bring a sample for me tonight when we have coffee ;) I'd better put some orange stuff in my purse for her. We always give each other a sample of whatever new flavour we buy, isn't it great to have a BFL buddy?

TTFN

missatc Tue, May-14-02 19:51

Ok, folks. I have been hearing how wonderful these shakes are for weeks now. Is there anyway to get them here in the US? I am presently using "KETO" and "Twinlab" brands which are good, but the creamy caramel has my mouth watering :yum:

Ruth Tue, May-14-02 22:28

WG products

Hi Missy ;)

check this website for contact info. I'm not sure if the toll free # covers the US, but their products are available in the US. Just call them and ask for the dealers in your area, or if no dealers in your area, you should be able to order by phone.

Contact info: http://www.wheygourmet.com/

This co is in a Vancouver suburb, M and I think that's so cool :cool: :D

Good luck

froedrich Wed, May-15-02 00:11

I've sent an email off to the Whey Gourmet people today (05/14), inquiring as to the availability of their product in the US, and particularly the West Coast. I will post the reply on this foroum when it is received. Perhaps if enough interest is shown, retailers will carry their products in the US, if they don't already.

missatc Wed, May-15-02 08:50

Thanks Ruth and froedrich, I will be anxiously awaiting to hear what the company has to say. I am hoping you can order by phone (didn't see anyplace to order through the internet) as I live in a farming community located an hour and a half from any real city. I sure enjoy the small town life, but it does have its drawbacks. :)

froedrich Sun, May-19-02 03:23

I received a reply from my inquiry concerning Whey Gourmet, and apparently their product is available in the US (sort of), but only by ordering from their Vancover location, meaning they will ship to the US. :( I didn't pursue the subject any further or ask about shipping rates, product costs, conversion rates, etc..

tamarian Sun, May-19-02 09:47

By the whey :) I tried Whey Gourmet, with water only, and it still tastes great. Very intense flavour (I trieed the caramel).

I still like to add a tablespoon of cream, just for the texture.

I found it at Genesis for CDN$44, for a 910 gram container. Anyone has a cheaper source?

Wa'il

Ruth Sun, May-19-02 13:54

Cheaper WG & L-glutamine

Yup,

The ReFlex store below Ron Zalko's in Kits. You were the 1st to find this store with the LC bars, etc.

WG $38 L-glutamine 454g, 2 month supply, $45 after discounts
They have all the flavours, 10 or 12 now I think.

tamarian Sun, May-19-02 14:08

Re: Cheaper WG & L-glutamine

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruth

WG $38

That's a $6 saving :thup: Genesis offeres beating competetor's price, by paying the difference, plust 10% discount. So I'll test them on that. :)

Wa'il

tlawson Sun, May-19-02 20:55

Looks like I'm going to have to take a jump over the bridge to find it for that price - I buy it from GNC for $59!! My son has "informed me" that we have to get the orange creamsicle and the blueberry :D He is also quite a fan of these.

Regards,

tamarian Sun, May-19-02 22:04

Hi Theresa,

Remember to ask them for the "lowcarb.ca" (that's the code) discount of 10%.

Wa'il