Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   4 months without Bread!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=43903)

melanie 27 Wed, May-08-02 13:47

4 months without Bread!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Its been 4 months & 9 days LC on Atkins I thought about it the other day Wow its really been 4 months since I had Bread,Pasta,Potatoes,Flour,Suger, Junk food ect ect ect!!!! :D That itself is a success story for me I was the worst carb addict ever Id have a cup of Coffee & poor 1/2 a cup of suger into it every meal we ate had pasta & potatoes & bread or rolls.In 4 months I ve only had one cheat we went out to mexi food & I ordered a taco salad thinking Id just eat the inside & leave the shell when it got to me it had refried beans in it So I cheated that one time & felt awful latter to me its not worth it to cheat why go back to feeling sick after you eat!!So I havnt cheated since then.Ive lost 32 pnds & 33 inches total of my body.I'll update my story as I loose more but thought after 4 months I had a story. Heres some before & now pics

The one with a purple skirt is before
The one in aDark Green suit is after 2 months
The one in the Black shirt was last weekend

melanie 27 Wed, May-08-02 13:48

1 Attachment(s)
heres the Green suit

melanie 27 Wed, May-08-02 13:51

1 Attachment(s)
Me now

agonycat Wed, May-08-02 13:54

I just wanted to pop in here and say congrats!

Doesn't it feel great to realize "hey I can live without this junk!" :lol:

It is really funny, when I talk to people about what you can and can not have, they freak because you can't have bread, pasta, rice etc. I get the "oh my gosh! I could NEVER do that diet. I would die!" I tend to chuckle at this point knowing full well that they are the carb addicts and I broke the habit ;)

Good going on your success so far ;) Keep up the great work! Great pics btw ;)

alto Wed, May-15-02 13:00

Congratulations, Melanie -- and thank you for posting the photos! You look terrific.

I liked the way you headlined your post, too -- emphasizing the four months sticking to the program you chose, and how you feel about it, and not just the (very impressive :) ) weight loss!

Here's to a happy, breadless summer!!!!!

Bloom Thu, May-16-02 05:21

Thanks for posting Melanie, your doing so well :thup: doesnt the time just fly by once we get into the program. I so agree with you that cheating isnt worth it, only makes life a struggle.
Your looking great :D

melanie 27 Thu, May-16-02 08:12

Thank you all! :D Today Im down to 179 36 pnds lost & 35 inches gone.This WOL is so GREAT!!! :wave:

Bloom Thu, May-16-02 14:18

Hi its me again :wave:
Just checked out your website and want to say how happy I am for you about your 'feminine health issues' becomming resolved.
Its amazing how much our food choices affect all aspects of our life isnt it. Good Luck with 'all' your plans ;) :D

melanie 27 Thu, May-16-02 17:42

Thank you Bloom

It is amazing for sure.i BELEIVE alot of it is caused by insulin resistance. I need to update my web page after much consideration we decided not to have no more children for my healths sake & were just getting where we can have my oldest baby sit & its nice to feel a little free from crying babies except for the babys in my daycare. ;) I weighed in in the middle of the day today & it was 178 usually my swooshes come in the am :D Im 14 pnds from Goal at least my first goal. Were going away camping at the beach so I should have some nice pictures when I get back. :wave:

Bloom Thu, May-16-02 22:41

Well it sure sounds like you have plenty on your hands as it is to keep you out of trouble ;)

Hope you have a great camping weekend away and enjoy better weather than we have in NZ, its cold and raining, Im about to light the fire.

melanie 27 Mon, May-20-02 08:57

1 Attachment(s)
heres my newest pic taken on a nature hike at the pismo sand dunes..

tamarian Mon, May-20-02 09:25

Well done Melanie :thup: That's a great demo of a melt-down :)

Wa'il

DWRolfe Mon, May-20-02 10:46

Congratulations!

You look great! Very obvious weight loss...

Continued success to you, Melanie!

Donald :wave:

melanie 27 Mon, May-20-02 11:41

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you all just popped in to add another pic. :D

Bloom Mon, May-20-02 16:05

I know I know Ive already commented but just want to add a rave about your amazing hair.
In the pic of you standing on the beach, wow your hair is so funky :cool:
hmm not sure how you will take that ;) I mean funky as a compliment. I like funky :thup: