Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   stalled/mixed emotions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=39661)

nopie Sat, Apr-06-02 13:28

stalled/mixed emotions

The weight I lost was all lost in the first six weeks (I began Jan 7th). Since then - zilch as far as loss. I am still sticking with induction - or pretty close to it. I check with Fitday to make sure I'm not fooling myself. Two weeks ago I began a serious walking regimen and have started with my small weights. Still stuck. I find this lack of weight loss very disappointing but I'm not tempted to go back to my old ways because I FEEL so much better than I have in years. Eating this way is becoming a habit (my first GOOD habit!) and I intend to stick with it. I really, really want to lose weight but at least I feel good.
Now it has almost become like a challenge to see how long I can do right and still not lose weight!?!? How thrifty are my genes? This is becoming rather perverse. ;)

wbahn Sat, Apr-06-02 13:38

But sometimes a little perversion is good for the soul. :D

Sticking to it because of how it makes you feel is real important - everything else is a matter of tweaks and time.

Are you tracking your measurements? Are clothes fitting better?

Keep the Faith!

Homegirl Sat, Apr-06-02 13:42

I know how your feel

I have been eating this way for just over a year now and feel much better for it.

Had been doing cardio all along. Started weights in November and BFL in January but since doing BFL I feel as if I have stalled.

The stalling has put me in a state of frustration and a bit of "what the hell" attitude so I have had a few mini-binges on my free days that have not really helped.

Still, I am stick to it kind of gal so I just get up off the floor, dust myself off and get right back at it.

I believe that you WILL get your results and you will not only be feeling better and healthier, you will be feeling so happy that you didn't give up.

Take care.

LittleAnne Sat, Apr-06-02 14:12

What a pain. It is always frustrating when the scales don't move, particularly when you are doing extra. Keep positive, as you say, you feel much better eating this way - so no cheating.

You do not say how many calories you eat per day. Do you put your info into Fitday.com? If not, I suggest that you do. It may be that you are not eating enough, particularly fat. I also found that my weight loss slowed down after starting an exercise regime and I am now beginning to upt my carbs and calories.

Have you taken your measurements? These sometimes change without a change in the scale. Others in this forum describe the visit of the woosh fairy when all that water you have been drinking gets stored in the cells to replace the fat used up. Then one day the cells give up the water and shrink. Let's hope that happens to you soon.

momsbroke1 Tue, Apr-09-02 15:41

YOu may be building muscle, now that you are exercising. Muscle takes up less space than fat, but weighs more. Also, if your carb level is too low, it will trigger your metabolism into "starvation mode", which will make burning fat ever so much harder. Same with calorie count. An increase in fat in your diet seems to increase loss of fat (a paradox, but a fact). Do you feel good??? Have you measured to see if you're losing inches?? That is what really matters!!

Anna

Beaslee Wed, Apr-10-02 13:13

stalls

I think that the scale is not the best measurement device to go by in regard to gradual weight loss. Its all about the inches so do not feel so bad...

also try to take some sort of fat burner like hydroxycut or xenadrine in moderation to give a thermogenic effect. I also have been using ALA (alpha lopoic acid) to act as a shuttle agent for my carbs...do some research on the web, etc

momsbroke1 Wed, Apr-10-02 14:18

fat-burners/stackers

Regarding fat burners/stackers/metabolism enhancers. On this site, go to Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support, and go to the General Exercise (Under Exercise) forum. There is a "sticky" at the top with lots of names of "stackers". TrainerDan has all the infor anyone could possibly need. Including cautions, etc. Read this before you buy any - he tells you the best kind, or take any (lots of do's and don'ts).

Good luck,
Anna

labonbon Wed, Apr-10-02 14:21

I'm just like you! I lost 15 lbs and then stopped losing for two weeks, but, I measure myself everyday and I find that I am losing inches, so that keeps me motivated. Even if the scale doesn't move I know I feel so much better, I am not hungry all the time, and eventually the scale will move. Don't give up, it's a WOL and you will be glad you stuck to it no matter how long it takes for the scale to move. I have found that by measuring myself everyday I get the encouragement I need not to give up. Good luck and I look forward to your posts