Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=38072)

shawj11 Thu, Mar-21-02 17:22

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone! I just had to share my great news! I did my keto strips today and i am extremely happy to say......THAT I AM IN FULL BLOWN KETOSIS!.
Also, I got my body fat % done by a personal trainer with a fat caliper and was informed that my body fat is 19.5%!
Now that doesnt exactly go along with my pp measurements, but from what i have heard, the caliper is pretty accurate...either way..im going to run with those results!
As soon as i found out both things, all i could think of was coming here and sharing my good news with all of you. You have all been so great to me..i cant thank you enough for all of your support!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

lizzie251 Thu, Mar-21-02 17:42

Don't we all just :heart: Ketosis?!

rustpot Thu, Mar-21-02 18:35

Give us a K

K is for carbs cos I never could spel
E is for eating and feeling so well
T is for taste in the mouth that is new
O is for over the moon that is blue
S is for sugar that is banished from food
I is for Insulin lowered.. That's Good!
S is for the Star who we all should encore...

Lets give a cheer for Jennifer Shaw

tamarian Thu, Mar-21-02 19:00

Congrats on the 19% body fat ratio! :thup: Yes, calipers, when used by experienced trainers are quite accurate.

Wa'il

wbahn Thu, Mar-21-02 20:21

Congrats!

19.5% for your height and weight doesn't sound unreasonable.

The calipers are fairly accurate provided the measurements are taken from a number of places (all the key places where people tend to store subcutanseous fat) and provided you aren't too overweight which makes if very difficult to define what to measure and makes it nearly impossible to get the same measurements twice.

razzle Fri, Mar-22-02 10:46

aha! what great news, jen. Doin' the happy dance for you! :) Now you can stay calm about the weight/BF, keep eating as you know makes you feel best, exercise as you know makes you feel best, and forget worrying about all the numbers. :)

I had a similar experience with PP BF measurements and calipers/BIA--not quite as dramatic a difference as 33%/19% tho! That's a pretty stunning discrepency.
Amazingly enough, I had a very accurate BF measurement last summer from my trainer, who just looked at me and told me my LBM--and now I see he was correct. The "very experienced eye" isn't ever listed as an accurate BF testing device, but in this case, it was dead on.

msjames Fri, Mar-22-02 11:02

Way to go, Jennifer!!!!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

shawj11 Fri, Mar-22-02 16:37

Re: responses

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.
Rustpot, your poem made me smile BIG!
You are all great! :wave:

Melberry Sat, Mar-23-02 05:31

I had a meeting with the calipers the other day............... not good! BUT - I have only just begun the rest of my life and I'm sure I would have been a lot worse a few weeks ago.

Rustpot - I loved your poem! Very clever!

Melberry
:)

LCalamari Tue, Apr-02-02 08:14

congratulations Jennifer, all the best

:cheer:

shawj11 Tue, Apr-02-02 17:57

re: Thanks

Thanks Lcalamari! I appreciate it! I see that you are having a great deal of success..that's great! keep up the good work!
All the best to you too!
;)