Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   An Oklahoma Hello :) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=36681)

robnow Sun, Mar-10-02 13:38

An Oklahoma Hello :)

Hello Everyone :)

Sorta been lurking out here for a little while - thought it was time I said a proper hello :)

Not new to the low-carb way of life, but new to the board. I stumbled across it a few weeks back and I'm hoping to get the inspiration I need to help me get back on track.

Almost two years ago I lost near 50 pounds by following the Protein Power eating plan. Up until Christmas this past year, I managed to keep that weight off - but now I'm finding I've lost control (again) and here I am almost 20 pounds regained.

Has anyone ever fallen off this badly?
I plan to start "anew" tomorrow - planning my menus for this week today. Any words of advice from the experienced?

Kind Regards,
Robin

lesleyc Sun, Mar-10-02 13:49

Hi Robin, welcome to the board :wave: Great that you have de-lurked and said hello :D

A haven't feallen off the wagon...on my first and last LC WOL!

But others here have so will be able to tell of there experience.

THere are lots of great people who will provide support as you climb back on board the wagon

...one day at a time
Look forward to hearing more from you

Lesley

wbahn Mon, Mar-11-02 00:25

Greetings and welcome aboard! :wave:

You did good! Only gained 20 pounds before catching yourself. Others have gained MUCH more than that - sometimes in the triple digits.

You've come to a great place for encouragement and support. You'll like it here.

Be sure to start a journal here - it's a great resource.

LittleAnne Tue, Mar-12-02 06:53

Welcome Robin

Congrats on your earlier weight loss and not going too far off the wagon before getting back on it. As already said, many have fallen off and put lots more on.

This site is a great place for information and support, so keep visiting, and every success.

razzle Tue, Mar-12-02 10:57

welcome, Robin! And yes, as wbahn said, many people have backslid much further than you have, regaining all their lost weight plus 20 or 40 or more. So pat yourself on the back for grinding to a halt sooner rather than later. those holidays can be killers!

I think it really does take most of us a couple stabs at this to get convinced that we can't go back to our old way of eating. We have to change permanently, in effect "staying on the diet" forever. Once we get that through our unwilling carb-addicted heads, we're home free. The weight will come off (in its own good time) and the loss will finally be permanent.

Do you exercise at all? Keep posting and keep us all informed of your progress. :)

robnow Wed, Mar-13-02 10:59

Thanks, everyone, for your words of encouragement....
I'm happy to report that the first two days "back-in-the-saddle" have been successful.... starting to get that "I can do this" feeling again...

Razzle - yes, I do excercise. At least 3 times a week during my lunch hour I run 1.5 miles at a gym close to my office. However .... I've been traveling on business way too much lately thus making my attempts sporadic.
Hopefully I will not leave the state again for the next 3 weeks and I can continue with my plan. Today will be the third straight day....

Thanks again for boosting my spirits!

Robin :daizy: