Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   ? about food sickness (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=36571)

rtjdk2 Sat, Mar-09-02 08:30

? about food sickness

Hello all
last night i decided to try my first mock danish and boom i ended up sick on my stomach lastnight... could it be the mock danish is to rich for my system to much cream cheese? I usualy eat 1 oz of cream cheese with no problem at least 4 days a week but was jut courious about eating the 2oz's or if it was somethign i put in it i use vanilla extract 1 egg and not quite one pack of splenda and 2 oz of cream cheese... it tasted good but i got sick.

Can any one help me or give me any advice about it?

Thanks

agonycat Sat, Mar-09-02 08:38

It may very well be too rich for your system at first :)

Try making it with 1 oz, then 1 1/2 oz and see what that does. How fresh is your vanilla? If it is a bottle that has been sitting around the pantry and only being used once a year at Christmas throw it out and get a new bottle. (and yes I had several of those bottles myself :lol: ) That stuff does go bad now and again.

Natrushka Sat, Mar-09-02 08:44

Then again, you could also be coming down with something.

Nat

rtjdk2 Sat, Mar-09-02 08:57

Thanks agonycat I dont knwo how old the vanilla is i just recieved it for a prestent in a packgage i got from christmas its real vanila i have never use the real vanilla before.. You are probaly right it may be to rich for my body right now... I will try makign one with 1 0z of the cream cheese then move up..Ive been stayingon a modified induction stage since my firts inital 2 weeks were up... having a few nutsand extra vegie... to get my 20 grams of carbs in.. mainly i stay on it because i dont think i have the control yet i need to move up but have been thinking about moving up to the second stage here lately by adding a few berries here and there... my weightloss is an average of about 1-2 lbs a week now and thought of at least moving up to 25 to 30 carbs to see how i do about beign in control of my food... Ive learned that I eat to live not live to eat....

rtjdk2 Sat, Mar-09-02 08:59

Thanks nat that could be also.... hope not i just got over my second cold again ......
Thanks for all your help all ... Its so nice to find a place to come to in a time of need

Natrushka Sat, Mar-09-02 10:15

Just thought of something while making my breakfast - are your eggs OK? A spoiled egg might have made you feel ill.

Nat

rtjdk2 Sat, Mar-09-02 10:24

Good thought I didnt think about that... I will go get some new eggs today just incase...Im still alittle weak today so Im im eating something lite for breakfast today and hope that I can pick up the rest of the days food to a normal pace.. Im mostly drinking water is this ok to do?
Thanks again nat for you advice :wave: