Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   i have seen all these special foods...HELP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=36422)

FairyCute Thu, Mar-07-02 18:05

i have seen all these special foods...HELP

im on day 4 of induction and i admit, im getting sick of steak and bacon. im seeing the ads on this site for special low-carb foods like bread mix, shakes, pasta, etc. some of these foods have 0 carbs! these products are expensive though and probably arent that tasty:( - but i would love to be able to eat bread and chocolate! are they at regular grocery stores? should i try them? or wait until after induction?

shawj11 Thu, Mar-07-02 18:15

re bread and chocholate

Fairy...
I know its hard to believe, but your cravings for these things will disappear. I wouldnt believe it either if i wasnt experiencing it.
I tried the chochlate coconut atkins bar today and it was out of this world and veeeeeeerrrrryyyyyyy sweet. They are not supposed to be eaten too often, but are good when you need something sweet.
Just a suggestion :D

:wave:

agonycat Thu, Mar-07-02 18:22

Re: i have seen all these special foods...HELP

Quote:
Originally posted by FairyCute
im getting sick of steak and bacon.

Your profile doesn't list what plan you are following. So I have to assume you are on Atkin's?

If so, why are you eating just steak and bacon? Did you not read the book? In the Atkin's book there are 4 pages of foods to eat during induction. Induction MUST be followed exact. You are to eat NOTHING that is not on the list.

This is to break the carb addiction and help with cravings.

I would highly recommend re reading your copy.....not doing so can cause actual harm to your system.

carberrier Thu, Mar-07-02 18:39

My 4th day also

:daze: :confused: HI, I am also on my 4th day and am having a hard time. For supper tonight I had a pork chop and 2 deviled eggs. My family had pork chops, noodles, and stove top stuffing. I just kept looking at the stuffing and noodle. Then after super they had a big dish of ice cream. I am still tired and feeling a little grouchy. I keep thinking how am I going to do this for the rest of my life, but I want so bad to loose weight. Just thinking about all the weight that I am going to loose is what keeps me going. I read alot of the success stories and it makes me belive there is hope. Those success stories keep me going for another day. What do you eat? Good luck and keep in touch.

Karen Thu, Mar-07-02 18:46

Quote:
I am still tired and feeling a little grouchy. I keep thinking how am I going to do this for the rest of my life, but I want so bad to loose weight.

The misery and feelings of deprivation do pass. It's all a matter of mindset. In a year, you'll look back and laugh!

Karen

FairyCute Thu, Mar-07-02 18:47

nice to meet you! over the last few days ive been eating lots of tuna, cheese, chicken, eggs, bacon, WATER, etc. I admit to having a spoon or 2 or peanut butter:). any other suggestions?

shawj11 Thu, Mar-07-02 18:55

re what to eat

Unless your a vegetarian...how about a nice juicy steak (thats what i just had) w/ peppers cooked in butter..yummy. and sausage...and spare ribs and cheeseburgers!!!!!!
have you checked out the recipes on this site? there are alot of good ones and there are also recipes in the back of the atkins book...i am a HUUUUUUUUGE fan of the home made whipped cream (whipping cream and artificial sweetner) the possibilities are endless to what you can eat!

:yum:

wbahn Fri, Mar-08-02 19:04

Ice cream? On Induction?

What kind of ice cream?

Don't try to think about how sustainable this is long term based on the first few days - the first few days generally suck.

Commit yourself to a minimum of one month. Then start asking if you think you can do it long term. Most people can answer this question positively in much less time than this.

I'm almost at the end of six weeks and can't believe it's been this long already. At the end of four weeks I was comfortable that I could do it long term but the month seemed to just crawl by.