Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Where is the Whoosh fairy? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=36255)

LSStriker Wed, Mar-06-02 11:18

Where is the Whoosh fairy?

:( Today is day 14 of induction and I still feel like crap. During the whole two weeks, I only cheated one time (I was in a meeting at work at work during which I had to sit very close to an important client and felt like not chewing a piece of sugar-free gum would be worse than the extra carbs) and then made up for it the rest of the day. Everyday I drink in excess of 100 ounces of water so WHY AM I NOT LOSING?!

Yesterday's food:

(2) hard boiled eggs
(2) sausage patties (I woke up hungry :D )

Gyro meat
sm. salad with full fat blue cheese dressing

Hamburger patty with bacon and cheese
sugar free jello

I guess that I'll start a journal and re-read my Atkins book to see what I'm doing wrong. I simply cannot put into words the disappointment that I felt when I jumped on the scale this morning and to my dismay had only lost 3 pounds in two weeks. I mean I know that losing 3 is better than gaining 3 but the ketostix were dark, dark, dark every day. To add insult to injury (I know men and women are different) DH has lost 30 pounds since January. AAAHHH!!!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Laura

agonycat Wed, Mar-06-02 11:57

To be honest Laura it doesn't look like you are eating near enough calories.

Please do start up a journal so we can figure out if you are eating enough. :)

kbsrising Wed, Mar-06-02 12:01

Laura,

A couple of things that might help...

- It dosen't seem like you have a lot of fat in your diet. I know it sound nuts but I have read various places that increasing you fat intake can speed weight loss. I am on induction now and try to up the fat every other day (all my stomach can take) and I definately notice (and have noticed in the past) that there is a correlation.

-How does your TOM fit in to the picture. I started induction a few weeks ago and wasen't losing (actually gaining). I have never had a problem with water retention ever. But, I stopped induction, still kept reasonablly low carbs for a few days and started again. Now I'm at day 5 of induction and 7-8 lbs down.

Hope this helps. :wave:

gwilson38 Wed, Mar-06-02 12:08

hi Laura

Dont give up! Im sure you will lose in time and feel good. I looked at the menu and picked out things that may cause a problem... [ sausage patties, hamburger patties, bacon] now they are all fine however they may contain fillers and sugars and certainly extra sodium. Also the sugar free jello. I have never been able to eat much artificial sweetners. Cat and KB are right...adding extra calories and fat might be the best thing...in the form of pure fats and unprocessed meats.