Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Im keeping on trucking (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=34789)

fishburg Wed, Feb-20-02 15:02

Im keeping on trucking

Wow this is a great site! I just discovered it the other day.

I started low carbing it December 9th, after attending a Holiday party and I noticed I was the biggest in the room of over 200 people! I was wearing a red dress and felt like a plump cherry!!
That was it! I had been toying with the ideal of of low carb diets but just had not had the motivation to do so. I knew that that ment no starchs or refind sugar. But no fruit? Well that is how I started.

Very little weight lost in December - I was eating fruit and all veggies except potatoes. Then in January I bought the Adkins book. Boy did I have an eye opener!!

I started on the induction and have not stopped since!! I have lost 35 lbs in the last 4 weeks!!

Sorry for the book - I just love this diet done right!

:wave:

lesleyc Wed, Feb-20-02 15:18

Hi Fishburg :wave:

Nothing quite like getting the real oil ;)

Well done on getting stared and your great loss so far. You are among griends here, and will find lots of encouragement and support.

Post heaps we'd love to hear from you :thup:

Lesley

gwilson38 Wed, Feb-20-02 15:50

hello fish

You are doing a fantastic job! Keep up the great work! :thup:

taisha Thu, Feb-21-02 11:34

Congrats! 35 is alot to lose in 4 weeks. what had you been eating. I would love to lose 20-25 in 4 weeks.

fishburg Thu, Feb-21-02 11:59

NO Cheating!!

Thanks everyone for the support!!

Taisha - I feel I have not cheated once since I started (the right way). Not a piece of bread or pasta (my craving) have passed my lips. I did have a slow down because of fake low car bars. When I stopped eating those I lost 10 lbs in a week!!

Since I have soooo much to lose I am staying very close to induction. When I lost 75% of the unwanted weight I will phase in a few more carbs very slowly.

:roll:

taisha Thu, Feb-21-02 12:07

I have been hearing about these low carb bars. Are they Atkins bars? What about protein bars that have 7 g of carbs?

fishburg Thu, Feb-21-02 15:21

Low Carb Bars

Hi Taisha,

I am not famillary with low carb bars with 7 grams. All I know is the Carb Solutions advertise only 2 grams, but really have 22 grams!!! If you have one of those 7 gram bars go to the Hidden Carb Counter and enter the nutrition info you maybe amazed.

You may also read the fine print on the packages that may state that "Total Carbs have been omitted because they have a negligable affect on blood sugar levels". Those statements should send up red flags!!

I hope this info helps you!!
:daze:

taisha Thu, Feb-21-02 15:26

Thanks for the info. How can Atkins advertise something like this?