Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Question for the ladies (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=34007)

MissBecca Thu, Feb-14-02 04:47

Question for the ladies

I've had two periods since being on Atkins, and both were a little early (one was half a day early, the next was 1.5 days) and more crampy than usual. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Rebecca
:(

MissBecca Thu, Feb-14-02 04:48

Forgot to mention - I'm on the pill so theoretically everything should always be about the same!!

Erin4980 Thu, Feb-14-02 06:45

There is soo much info about this...

I'll look for some links, but try some searches. Atkins screwed up my TOM horribly. I actually changed my pill to correct the problem. What type of pill are you on? I was on tricyclene. My problem was that 1/2 way through my cycle, I would receive my visit from TOM and he wouldn't leave for three weeks. I went through this for two months (thinking it may get back to normal), but after 6:8 weeks having TOM and was fed up. I know your's has only a couple days early so I don't think it's anything to worry about. Now, if say forget to take my pill - oh my, TOM comes marching in immediately. It's so strange. I 've never had that problem before (if I missed 1 day, by say 12 hours). I'll look for some of those links and get back to you.

Good Luck,
Erin

Erin4980 Thu, Feb-14-02 06:48

So many women seem to experience something similar...

Question for the Ladies
The last post (is mine) and I have another link there, that's has more links on it, etc. So if you want anymore info, it's there.

Good Luck,
Erin

lisak17 Thu, Feb-14-02 19:05

yes i am on the pill also and yes my TOM is much different. it used to live by a clock - wednesday morning 7:00 a.m. and end by saturday morning.
Now it hits monday and boy does it hit. major cramping and let's just say boy do i flow.... sorry for the graphic details.

i actually have decided to go off the pill so i am curious what wil happen this sunday when i don't take my pill anymore...

weight changes? flow changes? emotional changes? i really don't know what to expect because i have been on the pill now for about 8 years.

dizzyd Thu, Feb-14-02 20:02

I'm not on the pill

I had my tubes done about 6 months ago now. Best thing I ever did! (That has nothing to do with LC, just nice not to take them anymore!)

Since I started LC'ing, which was not very long ago I've had one period. It was a full week early, and I was little more crampy than normal, but not unbearably so. It also last about a day less than it normally does, so that was a fair trade for me! :lol:

Now I'm waiting to see if the next one is in 28 days or????

I have read a lot of different things about this on the boards and the only thing that's the same, is that everyone is different! I assume that the change is due to our metabolism changing, and that they will come back around to normal after a short time.

Good luck with it!

MissBecca Fri, Feb-15-02 10:07

I just read a thread in the newbie section about this phenomenon - it seems lots of gals have had menstrual variations as a result of lowcarbing but all have been different! I guess the good news is that things even out after a while. It doesn't bother me too much - and a small price to pay for such an easy way of losing weight!!

Rebecca :)

StarOrchid Sun, Feb-17-02 04:09

ditto

I've only been LCing for 12 days but I got my period 2 weeks early. I'm not really worried about it, but it did seem kinda weird. I just hope I don't have it EVERY 2 weeks! OH THE INSANITY!

rgarlough Mon, Feb-18-02 13:27

RE: TOM

Um, so far on my low carbing adventure, I've had my period 3 times. I've only been low carbing since Mid January. So, I had almost a regular period, with it coming only a week early. Then my second period came on the 8th of Feb. And now my third one started on the 17th. I'm getting worse, like every 2 weeks! I'm going crazy! I've already switched to a higher hormone dose because the bleeding. My pills were fine when I wasn't low carbing. I don't think I'm losing too much fat since I'm still about the same since ending Induction. Help!

Annie G

fiona Mon, Feb-18-02 16:21

14 days - 28 days - 53 days

With me it is not just Atkins WOE that has messed up my TOM, but it has contributed (of that I can say with a fair amount of certainty). I was having problems even before that. In fact about three months before I started Atkins I waited a good 53 days before my cycle started.

This changed pretty quickly once I started Atkins. First it gradually got back to the 28 day cycle and then went completely the other way. Like you StarOrchid I was getting them every two weeks - yes it was awwwwful. Felt like I was just continuously having one.

The last time I counted it was long overdue 40 days. To be honest I am not complaining - rather enjoying the break :daze: I've even stopped counting the days now. When it shows then I'll get my calendar out.

I am now trying not to be obsessed with TOM - yes... it was getting that way. Carry on as normally as possible each day.

I am not on the pill but it could be Peri-menopause.

Take Care.