Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Fallen off the wagon! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=33145)

LC_Dave Wed, Feb-06-02 18:28

Fallen off the wagon!

:mad:
I've stopped induction for today :(

Some of the resons I have identified:
1. Moved house - kitchen is messy
2. Stayed up too late - tired didn't make breakfast
3. skipped meals - because of 2 & 4
4. Ran out of grocerry money

I'll get back on the wagon tommorrow!

Gotta get my life in order!

Dave
:tears:

Atriana Wed, Feb-06-02 19:13

Falling off the wagon isn't too bad, as long as you get right back on again. You can do it!

DWRolfe Wed, Feb-06-02 19:39

Wagon vibes...

LCDave...sending you "Get Back on the LC Wagon" vibes....

:help:

ldypgmr Wed, Feb-06-02 22:02

Wagon

Hey Dave....

I better see that you have caught up with the wagon tomorrow and have climbed on board, or .....Or .....OR I'll climb right thru the internet and ... and... and..... do something.

You can do it friend.

Dee

ldypgmr Fri, Feb-08-02 15:10

Dave....where are you?

Has anyone seen or heard from LC_Dave since the above post? I kept looking for him to come back on line yesterday, with no luck.

So Where in the world is LC Dave????

LC_Dave Fri, Feb-08-02 23:28

I'm here

Yeah I'm still here,
I'm not Low carbing at the moment.
I promise to come back to Low Carbing on Thursday when a whole bunch of money comes in.
It's difficult to handle the stress of this WOL, & lack of money.

I'll keep in touch!

:tears:

LC_Dave

ldypgmr Sat, Feb-09-02 07:14

Hi

Dave
Keep in touch...I understand the money thing. Hope you're lcing soon.

Dee

TheGoddess Sat, Feb-09-02 21:30

Hi Dave I can sure relate to the financial issues and Low-carb, I live on a very limited income and usually running out of money is the root of falling off the wagon for me as well, I just move forward as soon as I can and climb back on...

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

ldypgmr Sun, Feb-10-02 07:45

Expensive

Hi LC_Dave and all

I find the mineral supplements and all are the most expensive. I stock up on meat when it is on sale. I never pay full price for meat.

I now buy my beef from a friend who raises his own cattle...without hormones. I don't get a discount, and it runs about $1.50 a pound and includes steaks, roast etc. He has started raising pigs, so I am already pestering him to sell me some pork <g>.

Hope to hear from you soon Dave.

Dee

Julie88 Sun, Feb-10-02 12:13

I buy fresh meats on the weekends, and cook most of it up, :) crockpot, oven, BBQ grill, all going at the same time...then season,
package it up into portions and freeze. :thup:
no more excuses when I'm in a hurry :confused: I always have cooked protien to go! :p toppers for salads, entrees, etc! :wave:

ldypgmr Sun, Feb-10-02 14:30

Hi Julie

I also cook my lunches on Sunday. Then I only need to pull something from the frig as I head out to work.

Last week I made a crustless quiche, divided it in to 5 and ate part of it each morning for breakfast.

Dee

cimart Sun, Feb-10-02 15:10

Hi LC_Dave,

Don't be discouraged. We all fall off the wagon. That's what the rest of us are here for, to give you a hand back up! :D

I do understand the money thing. When I started this woe, i thought my grocery bill was higher than I'm used to. But, I figure I'm not spending all that money on the junk that put me in this perdicament to begin with. So, so far It's working out ok.

You just hang in there, and remember we're here waiting for you :)

cimart ;)

ldypgmr Sun, Feb-10-02 18:48

food

Hi CiMart and LC and all...

I have always wondered why "natural" food is more expensive than "unnatural" food. Don't they start from something, ADD ingrediants to make it junk food?????

:rolleyes:

LC_Dave Thu, Feb-14-02 04:27

I'm BAAACK!!!

Yep,

Started Low Carbing again today - one successful day of LC!

Had Pork Chops for lunch :)

I was not feeling well all week - and I'm positive because my body was rejecting sugar!

I'm determined to stay on this!

I think Breakfast and all meals are most important because the protein and fat we eat, slowly produces keytones, that slowly bring our blood sugar up.

If I skip a meal, the next meal is not enough for my blood sugar to come up!

Cost of natural food is definately more - because junk food is filled with flour & sugar- which is cheeeeap!

LC_Dave :wave:

K-Louise Thu, Feb-14-02 04:52

Hi LC Dave

Glad to see you back.

Regarding the cost....

You know, I thought this WOE was expensive too, but then I sat and did some calculations.

I look for meats on special, and buy bulk packs, and split them up in the freezer. I don't buy ANYTHING I know I'm not going to eat (I was forever throwing out fruit and veggies before). I spend around $120 Australian dollars a week on all my groceries. This includes breakfast, snacks and dinners. I used to spend $50 per week buying coffee, toast, doughnut, etc for breakfast, and another $50 per week on lunches, and probably $20 a week on snacks - movie snacks, chocolates, etc. Then I woudl have $100 grocery bill on top of that.

I figure I'm about $100 a week better off.

Glad to see you back on board.

Kim