Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   im a jinx (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=318760)

sillygirl Wed, Dec-27-06 23:14

im a jinx

well, i'm back.... after nearly a year of being at my goal weight i put it all back on and then some. i gained 20 lbs over the summer becuase i was a camp counselor and its much too hard to control myself and maintain the activity level i had before hand. i've been trying to get back on the Atkins horse for the last 2-3 weeks now but keep giving up and just... dropping it and the worst part is im neither motivated nor do i care. im so depressed and miserable with my weight and how different i look but i cant get out of this rut. i need some help. any advice??

nole1984 Wed, Dec-27-06 23:29

Oh yes you can! You can shake it off, Join a challenge, visit the forum often and keep your eyes on the prize! I am recommiting myself on Monday
I'll be checking on ya !

seasoul Thu, Dec-28-06 06:27

I understand your frustration. I've been on so many different food plans, lose weight, gain it all back. I just need to remind myself that this is not a diet. It truly must become a way of life/eating for me if it's to work.

You took a very positive step in coming out here, sharing your feelings and posting a message. Take it a day at a time. You CAN do this. We're here for you.

3shewolf8 Thu, Dec-28-06 08:54

Last year at this time I was you. I gained 17 pounds over the summer by living the "one bite won't hurt you" mentality. Then when summer was over, and I tried to put my favorite jeans on and couldn't even button them, reality hit. I was so depressed and upset. I started Atkins again with strict induction, I am so glad that I did. You know how to do it, just one day at a time, set small goals, and reward yourself with pampering things. You can do it again, it will be easy because this time around you already know what to do!

lisaz8605 Thu, Dec-28-06 10:31

I have been there too. I couldn't believe that at the pinnacle of my life happiness...marrying my DH in August 2005...I was at my heaviest I'd been in years! What was the matter with me? Stress and depression and turning to food for comfort.

It took me a long time to realize that instead of comforting myself with food I needed to use it as a wonderful fuel to light a fire in my life...to give me energy and help me get slim. Same thing with exercise.

But first is finding what motivates you. I hated myself in photos (ironic, but helps with my career in photographing women!). I wanted to look good. I also want to be fit and slim for when I try to get pregnant. What do you want out of life? It doesn't have to be all great and altruistic either - you can just want to look good and get into tight jeans. (I want that too!) Whatever it is, know that you have so many people here ready to support you doing this again...and so many of us have been there...right where you were. Come join us. You can do this!

gmmd Thu, Dec-28-06 15:41

You wouldn't be here if you didn't care! Get your butt back in gear and go for it! :) :thup: It's hard sometimes but it's all worth it.

I wish you much success and Happy New Year!!

gryfonclaw Thu, Dec-28-06 15:46

Join our Valentine's Day challenge! It might help!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=318783

Some1Sweet Thu, Dec-28-06 15:52

Quote:
You wouldn't be here if you didn't care! Get your butt back in gear and go for it! It's hard sometimes but it's all worth it.

I agree, youre here and thats taking the first step. Alot of us are "Restarters" including myself. Its hard at first but once you get back into it it gets so much easier.

gryfonclaw Thu, Dec-28-06 15:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some1Sweet
I agree, youre here and thats taking the first step. Alot of us are "Restarters" including myself. Its hard at first but once you get back into it it gets so much easier.

Quoted for truth! :agree:

mo8709 Mon, Jan-01-07 18:19

Listen to me, if you could find the strength and self-discipline to do it once, than you can surely do it again. For the past two weeks I ate all my favorite foods within moderation because my husband was home visiting from Iraq, plus the holidays. I gained 3 1/2 pounds and was so dissapointed in myself until I almost found comfort in food again, which is why I gained so much weight in the first place.

But then, it hit me this is not what I want, I will not let food run my life again. I will not let it overtake me everytime I get down or boggled with emotions. So the next day I got it together, and I happy to tell you that I lost that weight plus a pound. If this is what you want, than DO IT. The longer you prolong getting back on your plan because of feeling sorry for yourself the longer you will hold onto those extra pounds.

Now, get your mind right, think about what motivated you the first time and get motivated again. Let's go I am waiting on you!