Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tofutti Chocolate Fudge Pops (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=31324)

zoom Wed, Jan-23-02 19:07

Tofutti Chocolate Fudge Pops

I got these fudgie pops at my local GNC health store(frozen food section). I was very impressed with the taste(trust me they taste like a normal fudge pop). I have been using them on atkins and it hasn't knocked me out of ketosis. I paid $3.69 for a box of 12 (A lot cheaper than the candy bars and more satisfiying). One fudge pop has 6g carbs, 0g sugars and 4g sugar alcohols. I was going to keep it a secert because i was worried it might knock some of you out of ketosis. My wife eats them also and we are shedding the pounds. I only eat one when i feel like it, but no more than one per day. I've got a pizza crust idea (non soy powder), but i feel like it might be bad advice, all i know is that my wife and i enjoy a slice a day and like i said earlier we're shedding the pounds. I've lost 14 pounds and my wife has lost 9 pounds since Jan. 8. Oh yeah, try the RC cola products with splenda!!!!I got to try the peach flavor today, it was like a wine cooler. :wave:

IslandGirl Thu, Jan-24-02 01:08

everybody has to make their OWN decisions...

for their own bodies and whatever LC Plan they might be on... as we say around here, YMMV or Your Mileage May Vary :D

That being said, these sound a lot like the Dairy Queen sugarless (but with polyols) Fudge Bar on a stick.

Please do post the complete Ingredient List, that would be so very helpful to your fellow lowcarbers!

Thanks!

zoom Thu, Jan-24-02 08:17

I ran it through the hidden carb calculater and it said total carbs 7.03
Serving Size: 1 fudge pop
Nutrition Facts
calories 30
total fat 0g
saturated fat 0g
cholesterol 0g
dietry fiber 0g
sugars 0g
sugar alcohols 4g
protein 1g
butterfat 0g
lactose 0g
potassium 61 mg

INGREDIENTS:
water, maltodextrin, sorbitol, polydextrose, cocoa processed with alkali, isolated soy protein, tofu, vegetable mono and diglycerides, cellulose gum, carrageenan, vanilla with other natural flavers, aspartame, and salt

IslandGirl Thu, Jan-24-02 17:12

woooooo!

Quote:
INGREDIENTS:
water, maltodextrin, sorbitol, polydextrose, cocoa processed with alkali, isolated soy protein, tofu, vegetable mono and diglycerides, cellulose gum, carrageenan, vanilla with other natural flavers, aspartame, and salt

...and whoo-haaa. 4 grams of Sorbitol would set my intestinal tract a-running. Of the sugar alcohols, this one has the worst reputation for that... be careful if sensitive to sugar alcohols (and read The Truth About Low Carb Sweeteners Info if you haven't already, see over on the right on the Quick Links.

Muse Sun, Feb-03-02 13:04

Zoom,

I'm curious about your pizza crust idea? Please share!

Muse :)

zoom Sun, Feb-03-02 16:02

I use a regular tortilla for the crust, it is like thin crust pizza. I know your not suppose to do that(use regular tortilla), but we have enjoyed it for close to a month now and we are still in ketosis and haven't stalled out on our weight loss. You can buy low carb soy tortillas, i just hate the taste of soy.

1. Take the tortilla and rub butter and garlic power into it (on one side)
2. For pizza sauce i use tomato paste (1Tbsp.) with pizza spice seasoning mixed in it. Smear it on top of the butter and garlic powder.
3. I pile on the sausage, pepperoni and mozzerilla (If you can find the shredded pizza flavored cheese use it) :)
4. bake for 12 to 15 mins. at 375 crust will be firm and crunchy

Now the important part, cut into four slices (ONLY EAT ONE SLICE A DAY)
Believe me one slice is plenty and freeze the other slices for later days. I have a small salad with mine, feels like i'm at the pizza hut.

TIP: Make sure you get all the grease out of meat or it will make crust soggy.

Other things i like are ground up pork rinds for breading your meat, keylime cheesecake and I like the low carb bbq sauce. These things have kept me mentally happy on this diet, infact i don't call it a diet anymore. I hope you enjoy and continue to lose, just remember you can use the low carb soy torrilla if you are not comfortable with the regular one. Oh yeah, they have not triggered any cravings for us i only have slice of pizza maybe 2 or three time aweek, same with the toffutti pops mentioned above, but like Islandgirl said everybodys bodies react different :wave:

ronh Wed, Jan-07-04 22:58

Tofuttie Hip Hip Hooray bars at Trader Joes

Love these things. They have great chocolate like a Dove bar and low carbs as mentioned earlier in the thread. They are about $2.50 at Trader Joes

spiderdust Thu, Jan-08-04 03:54

I love these, but I wish Toffuti would use sucralose instead of aspartame.