Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   This is going to sound strange..but..... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=31307)

MyDelaney Wed, Jan-23-02 15:54

This is going to sound strange..but.....

This is going to sound really strange, but I'm going to ask anyway. I'm on my fourth day of induction and for the past two days I've been getting kind of "hot flashes" and then I feel like I get electric sparks that shoot down to my hands. :confused:

Could this possibly be related to induction? Or is my body just weird? I'm trying to explain the feeling better, but it's really just feeling hot all of the sudden, then getting these electric spark feelings down my arms to my hands. (occasionally my feet, but mostly my hands)

Any ideas on what's causing this??

Thanks

agonycat Wed, Jan-23-02 15:57

I know I have experienced the hot or cold flashes during my months on the diet. I have not had the "spark" thing happen, and I haven't heard anyone else with that experience.

Sounds very strange.

Karen Thu, Jan-24-02 01:30

I've had "buzzy" feelings, like my body was slightly electrified, but never sparks! It usually accompanied a whoosh, which is a loss of a few pounds, all in one go.

Karen

Elihnig Thu, Jan-24-02 11:42

The Unexplained

A strange though occurred to me. Maybe all the sugar and flour that we've been eating have been suppressing our "natural psychic abilities" .

Maybe you have some. :eek: ;) :daze:

Ignore me if you think I am strange. I am. :D

Elihnig

MyDelaney Thu, Jan-24-02 12:16

Yes, I'm psychic!

:p

Tapping into my psychic abilities here...I predict a visit from the swoosh fairy for all of us very soon. I predict I'll be a svelte size 6 again SOON!

lol :D

Chloep Sun, Jan-27-02 06:01

Day 2 for me !

Hi,

I've just started. And i notice my finger tips feeling funny ... last evening when i tried to open a door an aircon room, there was abit of static "spark" ...

just that 1 experience.

wbahn Wed, Jan-30-02 11:43

Aside - On Sparky

The spark to the door had more to do with the room humidity that anything else.

I come form a semi-arid climate and most days I get zapped if I walk just a few feet in our office. On quite a few days I can get a half-inch spark which means about 30,000 volts (I'm an engineer, so I'm easily entertainted). I can get hit hard enough that my arm muscles contract forcefully (don't ask what other things I do for amusement - it's not pretty).

On many days we get so charged up that when we brush by a wall corner we get zapped to the metal corner strip in the wall that is under the paint - with enough of a discharge that it was setting of the smoke detector mounted on that wall about four feet away. We finally moved the detector to a wall above the stairwell where, if you got enough charge to the detector to set it off, the discharge would probably kill you before you heard the beep. At least that was the intent.

Cheers