Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Help! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=30104)

Danielle Sun, Jan-13-02 19:50

Help!

I have been on the LC program since November 26. I was doing really well, but over the last 10-14 days I haven't made much progress. I have to admit I have not been exercising through out the weeks, but I have been trying. This is the first diet I am ablr to stick to, even through out the holidays. Does anyone ahve any advice? I am becoming frustrated.

Thank you,
Danielle :rolleyes:

Karen Sun, Jan-13-02 23:22

Help us out here Danielle! What LC program are you following? There are a few, and they each have their own guidelines.

Everyone does a bit of tailoring of their program, so we need to know what you're eating and drinking to be able to help you out.

Karen

Danielle Mon, Jan-14-02 16:21

Hi Karen-

The diet I am on is fruits, vegetables and protein. I stay a way from those that contain a lot of carbs. I don't always drink my water, but I try. Other wise I drink diet soda. I tend to eat more fats then veg., I never did like them. So, if you have any advice I'd really appreciate it.
Thank you,
Danielle

razzle Mon, Jan-14-02 16:50

hang in there danielle. Try with the water...and the diet pops could easily be stalling you or slowing down your loss. Switch to sparkling water with a squeeze of lime instead.

A weight loss of 13 pounds in 6 weeks is good. If you're typical, you can expect to average a pound lost a week or so...maybe even five pounds a month. But those five may come all at once...three weeks with nothing, then a big "woosh." (and the less water you drink, the more this pattern is likely to be so.) Only weigh once a week to keep yourself from obsessing on the scale. Use the "tight jeans" method of measuring your progress, too--sometimes the inches come off when the pounds refuse to, which means fat loss is taking place even in weight loss isn't.

Mostly, just hang in there. Read the tips on stalls and plateaus for more ideas. LC has worked so far for you. If you make it your permanent WOE, you will lose the weight and keep it off--and isn't keeping it off the most important part? :)

Danielle Mon, Jan-14-02 16:57

Thanks for the advice

Thanks for the advice! I guess I just want to wake up one day and be skinny, don't we all. I'm trying to drink my water, but now that it got cold, it's harder. There are a few of us at work that are following the same diet which makes it easier. We motiviate each other. The only thing that I do, which you mentioned, is weigh myself everyday. I am going to continue to hang in there and hope it works.

Thanks again,
Danielle :D

Karen Mon, Jan-14-02 18:06

Quote:
The diet I am on is fruits, vegetables and protein.

This could sabotage you in the long run, depending on what fruit and vegetables you're eating. The only really low carb fruit is berries, and even those are eaten in very limited quantities

As an example:

1 banana = 26.7 carbs
Dole Orange Juice 10 oz. = 33 carbs
1 apple = 21.1 carbs

1 small bran muffin = 29 carbs

Most women on this plan who are not working out vigorously have a Critical Carb Level of about 30 grams a day if they want to sustain weight loss!

I really strongly suggest that you read the book Protein Power. If you know exactly how and why low-carbing works, you will have a better chance of success. Also, check out Low Carb Tips at the top of the page and Hot Links! in the Newbies Questions in the Introduction Forum.

Karen

Danielle Mon, Jan-14-02 19:01

Hi Karen-

I am some what new to this whole thing, so I have a question for you. Should I be sticking to 30g of carbs or less? How about introducing fruits and veg. into the diet? There are about four of us on the same diet and everyone has been successful so far. My friend and her husband even eat beans at least once- twice a week. How come their still losing weight?

Thank you for everything!
Danielle

LC Sponge Mon, Jan-14-02 19:16

Hi Danielle - just curious - what does your diet have in the line of fats? Can you eat them on your diet?

Danielle Mon, Jan-14-02 19:17

Hi LC-

Thanks for the message. Yes, I can eat all the fats I want.

Danielle :)