Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New kid on the block (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=29453)

LucyCL Tue, Jan-08-02 04:15

New kid on the block

Hello.
I am a 38 year old British mother of 4, now living in Australia. Ever since we moved here 2.5 years ago, my weight has crept up. Food is tooooo good here ;) Both my husband & I need to lose weight - I want to lose 14 lbs, and he wants to lose about 40. We have tried low fat diets, and Weightwatchers, with limited success. When I was younger, getting weight off was easy - maybe it is something to do with age.

I get fed up with people telling me I do not need to lose weight - but I know that I feel fat, I know that very few of my clothes fit, and I know that I want to shift the weight.

I am on day 2 of the LC diet - I had terrible "sugar shakes" yesterday - I was very wobbly - all I wanted was sugar - and I didn't give in. Today has been better - I will try & get my husband to join this forum.

By the way is alcohol completely forbidden???

I am looking forward to encouragement & support from people here.

Thanks

Lucy

sammiejam Tue, Jan-08-02 07:13

hi lucy and welcome :daizy:

you sure will be glad you found this site!
it is fantastic, there is so much support and heaps of brilliant ideas.

i agree with you about the food here being so good, but on the good side, alot of it is healthy and lowcarb. You cant turn a corner without bumping into a charcole chicken can you??

on induction alcohol is out. It causes a rise in insulin levels which tells the body to store fat and crave sweet stuff. After induction it is ok in moderation, white wine and light beer,spirits such as vodka and burbon with diet mixers are ok, i drink vodka,lime and soda. More than 3 will put me out of ketosis for half a day though.

are you going to start a diary?

it is a good idea too. You will be amaxzed at how many people help you out with problems and you can see exactly where you are at. If you have a stall it is easy to find out why.

i felt diabolical for the first week of this WOE (way of eating)

i was withdrawing like a heroin junkie- shaking, night sweats, migranes ( like there was a jack hammer directly on my temple) bad dreams, you name it i had it. I think i was withdrawing more from caffine ( my lovely mother put COFFEE in my bottle age 6 WEEKS!!!!!!!!! yes that is true) and i had never been without it my whole life. but stick with it, it passes, i promise. I also felt like my throut was closing up and i could not sleep. I have Hashimotos thyroiditis and other people with that have the same throut symptom. Yip no doubt about it, it was sheer hell.

but it is over now and how ever loss my weight loss is(my own fault, i dont excersize enough) it is coming off.

Yours will too, keep up the good work!!!!!

sammie

BurkeyB Tue, Jan-08-02 08:11

Day Two Twins

Hi Lucy,

I am on day 2 too.....I have to say that I don't have any particular cravings other than coffee.....oh I miss coffee.

I have to say though on day 2 I still feel like a beached whale and cannot wait to see these pounds fall off as they say they do...

Good luck with it,

Miriam