Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Turtle Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   I'm doing something wrong!!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=28529)

Levee Sat, Dec-29-01 21:35

I'm doing something wrong!!!!!

I am doing something wrong, I'm not losing any weight and my clothes are feeling uncomfortable (tighter). I'm beginning to feel very depress. :( I'm keeping a journal to make sure I'm on track. I need HELP :confused: I make sure of the following.

I drink 66oz of water per day
20 grams of carbo
2 raw cups vegs
2/3 cooked vegs
Cheese-max 4 oz
Eggs max 3
No nitrates or nitrites in my meats
No Caffeine
No Aspartame
No foods with ingredients that end in ose (hidden sugars)
Exercise- walk 4 days per week 3 miles

I believe I'm eating to much FAT.
PLEASE ADVISE :help:

Atriana Sat, Dec-29-01 21:40

Are your 2 cups of raw veggies salad type veggies? It would help more if you posted a couple of days worth of menus - type of food and amount. Have you put the info into www.fitday.com? You need to be eating 10-12 calories for every pound you currently weigh. Eating above or below this range can slow/stop weight loss.

Levee Sat, Dec-29-01 22:09

Thanks

Thanks for replying. My vegs include vegs out of Dr. Atkins book.
New diet revolution pg 97. 10% carboas or less. I'm eatin to much fat so I'm wearing the middlesection of my body.
I don't want to change diet because I like Atkins wof and it's e-z to follow.

liddle Wed, Jan-02-02 23:39

Hi,
I have a question..., the 2 cups of raw veg., is that in addition to the salad? Maybe I just mis-understood but are you sure your total carb intake is less than 20 grams of carbs? Either I don't understand or perhaps you're misreading pg. 95. He says 2 cups of salad plus 2/3 cups cooked vegs. in the below 10% carb. category . The 2 cups have to be the salad vegs.

Atriana is right, I'd try www.fitday.com to make sure.

Hope we get this figured out soon! ;)
Heather

K-Louise Sun, Jan-06-02 16:57

Let us see

Post what you are eating, exactly. We can take a good look and then maybe offer some more concrete advice.

Kim

Sh'ra Mon, Jan-07-02 15:43

Levee - the cheese was stalling me somewhat - I went to 2 oz or less per day and it seems to be helping - I don't feel as bloated, either. Also, you might want to look at that "bloated" feeling and see if it is not a reaction to a food - I found that I have an intolerance to eggs, especially hard boiled (though I can eat them fried or scrambled, and they don't seem to bother me as much - don't know what that is, but it is :) )

There's good advice above - write down a couple days of exactly what you're eating through the day - AND how much water you're drinking.

Sh'ra

sunsight13 Sun, Jan-13-02 12:25

I agree with Sh'ra. It was cheese and cream cheese :thdown: that were keeping me at the same weight. I quit all caffeine (no more diet drinks) and the cheese and started losing again, even though slowly. When I was honest in fitday.com, I saw where the carbs were really comng from. Let us know. Susan