Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Salads Veggies & Side Dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Blue Cheese Dressing used for dip or salad (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=281033)

sassy03 Fri, Jan-13-06 17:04

Blue Cheese Dressing used for dip or salad

I got this delicious recipe for blue cheese dressing on the net I had to share:

2 Cups Mayonnaise
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Tbsp garlic (either minced or from jar chopped up, add more if you like it more spicy)
100g Blue Cheese ( add more if you like)

Put in the Mayo, Sour cream, mix together add the garlic and the blue cheese. That's it.
I used this for a hot wings tray and celery. My DH couldn't stop licking his fingers. :lol:

Enjoy

locarbbarb Fri, Jan-13-06 18:04

Sounds good! :yum:

I'm printing out the recipe now!

Thanks!

BTW, 100 g = 3.5 oz. (I looked it up!)

anajinn Tue, Dec-08-09 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy03
I got this delicious recipe for blue cheese dressing on the net I had to share:

2 Cups Mayonnaise
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Tbsp garlic (either minced or from jar chopped up, add more if you like it more spicy)
100g Blue Cheese ( add more if you like)

Put in the Mayo, Sour cream, mix together add the garlic and the blue cheese. That's it.
I used this for a hot wings tray and celery. My DH couldn't stop licking his fingers. :lol:

Enjoy

Do you grate the blue cheese or crumble it? What about sugars in the mayonnaise?

missymagoo Tue, Dec-15-09 00:30

i am going to try it out. i love good blue cheese dips and dressing for salads. sue

anajinn Tue, Dec-15-09 09:54

I made a similar recipe but used equal parts sour cream and butter cream instead of the mayonnaise which, being commercial, may contain bad things like sugar. I used the following recipe and SUBSTITUTED STEVIA FOR THE SUGAR. Any sweetener besides sugar could be used. I also substituted Himalayan salt for the salt. The recipe is delicious and has no commerical additives. I used a Danish blue cheese.

I probably used more garlic than stated below.

1 cup buttermilk
• 1 cup sour cream or nonfat sour cream
• 3 cloves garlic
• 1/8 tsp sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoons blue cheese

METHOD
1. In a food processor or heavy-duty blender, combine buttermilk, sour cream, garlic, sugar, paprika, and salt. Blend until smooth.
2. Add blue cheese, and pulse quickly once or twice. Do not blend. You want small chunks of blue cheese.
3. Refrigerate 4 hours or more before serving to let flavors blend.

Yield: About 1-1/3 cups

missymagoo Sat, Feb-06-10 22:08

these recipes are great. sue

Shyvas Sun, Feb-07-10 01:24

I also love blue cheeses.

It just shows you of all the various gourmet recipes you can still make whilst LCarbing !

anajinn Sun, Feb-07-10 09:46

Yes. I don't think non fat or low fat sour cream should be used because it has carbs, whereas full fat sour cream does not. It tastes really great anyway. I think I might make some more today.

moondust Thu, Jul-22-10 06:08

This sounds yummy! :) I've been looking forever for some decent Blue Cheese Dressing recipe which is LC friendly. Thank you so much. :)

anajinn Fri, Jul-23-10 06:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondust
This sounds yummy! :) I've been looking forever for some decent Blue Cheese Dressing recipe which is LC friendly. Thank you so much. :)

Since making this recipe originally, I have made it again and left out the stevia altogether. It still tastes great. You really only need the buttermilk for thinning the dressing. Otherwise it is the thickness of sour cream - obviously. You use less if it is thinner.

I like it on plain spinach. It would be even better with crumbled crispy bacon as well. Think I'll make some today and buy some spinach and bacon.

sassy03 Wed, Oct-27-10 21:31

I had to bump this since I love this dressing :lol: