Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Countdown to 299 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=27903)

alto Wed, Dec-19-01 11:22

Countdown to 299

I was inspired by Lessara's posting a Countdown to 275 thread. I thought I'd get reckless and post this, so that if someone comes to the board who's at 330 or so and wants a home, they'll find it easily.

Feel free to start a Countdown to 350, or 200 pounds to lose -- or Countdown to 180, 150, 120. Or Countdown to Goal. Some of us find that it's easier to face this in small chunks.

Please don't be timid to start a thread. You may think you're the only one here in a certain range, but you're not. What I've noticed since being on this board is that if someone starts a thread for a special group or special interest, within about three days other people will have found it and the thread will take off.

Happy countdowning!!!

bluViolets Thu, Dec-20-01 18:15

I'm here........

okay..I'm game, :thup:
altho I think it should be a countdown to 299 thread..since that's the first big goal is to be OUTA the 300's

alto Thu, Dec-20-01 18:19

Hi, bluV! Good point -- and I went back and edited the name of the forum!

You've already lost 40 pounds! You're on a roll -- you'll be at 299 in 9 shakes of a cat's tail :)

I hope others aiming for 299 will see this thread and come join in.

Squeezle Mon, Dec-31-01 03:06

I'm in!

I'm in!! Getting to 299 will be great! Actually, I need to amend my stats but want to wait a week to average my weights. There's a discrepancy between my scale here at home and my dr's scale, so since I want to use the one at home, I will change it to properly reflect that soon.

299 - bring it on!!!!

:daizy:

bluViolets Wed, Jan-02-02 11:44

goal wt

hi lori......
well as I wrote in my journal I decided my ultimate goal wt. is soo far away, it's discouraging thinking It will take so long, so I changed my goal to something I can reasonably achieve in the next couple months ,and then when I reach it-- I will shoot for the next 25 lbs....It's funny.. how psycologically this makes me feel more like a winner! But it does...just knowing I'm almost there keeps me up!

I'm rootin for you Lori...we can do it! :hyper:

Squeezle Wed, Jan-02-02 17:29

hi BluViolet! I fully agree with you that the final goal seems tooooo far away! I suppose my "ideal" ending goal would be somewhere between 170-180 (not quite sure - been so darn long since I've been there! LOL) but that seems almost impossible at this point. I think increments of 25lbs sounds good. I will be changing my goals too. I think 299 will be a major milestone for me and it is easier to stay motivated when the destination is a bit closer. Let's do this together ok?? If you don't mind, I will subscribe to your journal so I can stay more in touch with your progress and please feel free to do the same. WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
:cheer:

karlita66 Thu, Jan-03-02 12:51

I'll Join In

New to the forum and to LCing. Trying to get it all worked soon :)

I think it's a good idea to keep the goals within reach so I too will change my goal to 299 to start with. It's nice to know others are in the same "boat" as I am.

I've started a journal and once I really get started in the LCing I will post at least once a week.

Squeezle Sun, Jan-06-02 19:38

One pound closer!

Well, I'm one pound closer to 299 today! I wanted to weigh 2 days in a row just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

One pound at a time.....

:D

bluViolets Tue, Jan-08-02 13:23

hip hip hurray!!!

:clap: keep up the good work Lori........I know how hard you have to work at it....just keep that goal in sight and don't look back :dazzle: blu

Lessara Tue, Jan-08-02 13:57

Way to go!

I love the attitudes and the encouragement of this thread!
Congrats to all! :D

I remember when I hit 300, I kept bouncing up and down weight wise. Maybe I should rename my thread to 274? :p

kevin m Mon, Jan-14-02 23:40

3 to go

302.............. thought today would get me closer... but alas.... oh well it is only a scale... I am eating right.. it will happen... i know it... best of luck to all

kevin m

bluViolets Wed, Jan-16-02 18:20

jan.16/02

hi gang......my old scale died and the new one weighed 7 lbs higher....that was a setback. Today it's only 4 lbs higher so I have upped my stats from 307 to 311........

It feels like I went backward, even tho in reality I'm steadily going down..... one good thing is, I went to my docs office and weighed on his scale too and it agrees with my new scale so at least it's pretty accurate for an 18$ scale.

Wow..kevin , only 3 lbs to go ...you aren't going to be in this forum for long....you go! I'm looking forward to joining the 275 countdown myself :cool:

Squeezle Wed, Jan-16-02 18:22

one pound closer!

Well everyone, I am one pound closer to 299! Today is my averaging day, and I lost 2 lbs since last week, but my stats from last week reflected last week's LOW, not last weeks average, so I only took it down one additional pound today. Still....one pound at a time!!

bluViolets Wed, Jan-16-02 19:48

HURRAY!!

That's Great Lori :thup: Keep up the Good Work.......

You'll be there in no time
: :Party:

kevin m Thu, Jan-17-02 17:23

301.............. patience has never been my long suit..... best wishes to all...

Having full blood work-up done tomorrow.. will give out the results....

insanity is.... doing the same things again and again.. and expecting different results....