Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   low calorie snacks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=277672)

mskitty331 Mon, Dec-19-05 18:36

low calorie snacks

what can I have for snacks that is low calorie, I'm trying to monitor my caloric intake as well as my carb intake. I've been eating jello, but what else can I have for snack foods. I once in a great while have been eating almonds but I doubt that they are low cal. Please help me with this dilema.

kevinpa Mon, Dec-19-05 18:56

a nice healthy romaine salad always works for me.
low calorie and fiber offsets carbs.

CindySue48 Mon, Dec-19-05 19:52

How many calories? I don't really pay attention to calories, so I'm not sure how many in each, but my favorite snacks are:
nuts....1 oz pecans, walnuts and occasionally peanuts
celery with cream cheese
cucumber spears dipped in salad dressing
1/2c berries with cream, heavy cream or sf whipped cream
beef jerky (I never tried it until a couple of months ago....yummm)
a piece of cheese and a cup of tea. Usually only about 1/2oz cheese, I'm not really big on it, but it's filling.
once in a while a sf jello or pudding with cream or whipped cream

caligrl Mon, Dec-19-05 23:38

I keep an eye on my calories as well...even though I'm about to finish induction (Atkins). A few things that I really enjoy...pickles (love em), a slice of turkey with a little lowfat mayo, sprinkled with cheese and lettuce and rolled up together..these are filling...and pretty lo-cal (without cheese they would be lower)...hmmm...what else....I have just discovered sugarfree Torini syrup (I buy it at Worldmarket here in California..not sure about NH..I'm actually from NH!) I love the raspberry syrup in some sparkling water...I even tried adding a shot of cream for the real deal italian soda. I hope this helps....it's tough going sometimes...trying to find things that fit both low carb and low cal...they're sort of opposite entities. Keep up your great progress.

sharann Mon, Dec-19-05 23:39

I like to roll up a piece of lean beef bologna around a piece of string cheese.Sometimes I nuke it for a few seconds. It is low cal and filling(low cal being around 100 cals)

sharann Mon, Dec-19-05 23:41

I forgot to tell about one of my favs for sweetness. I take 1/4 cup cottage cheese and mix in a tablespoon or less of sour cream, top with some sliced berries and a packet of Splenda. It is not induction but good if you are willing to eat a few carbs of cott cheese and berries(not that many really)

bladegem Tue, Dec-20-05 00:36

Greek pepperoncinis. I love the taste and spicy food keeps me satisfied.

Gemmafafen Tue, Dec-20-05 09:49

A small slice of ham off the bone usually fills me up. Any cold meat really, just a small amount tides me over, especially a strip of beef- I had stirfry strips and instead of making a meal , i cooked them up in the wok then put them in the fridge. A stick or two of that and I'm full and that small amount is under 100cals.

I think U don't neccessarily have to go low fat for it to be low cal, just cut the portion size, and once ur in ketosis u will be full from one bite.

Gem

Qmass Tue, Dec-20-05 10:00

bowl of low carb cereal and carb countdown lowfat milk - that's what my boyfriend has for a low carb/low cal snack.

Nancy LC Tue, Dec-20-05 10:06

Over in the semi-lowcarb plan we talk about low-cal/low-carb all the time. Look for the thread with that name.

Here's what I have:

Lowfat cottage cheese with Da Vinci syrup
Pickles (the ultimate low calorie snack, surprisingly filling)
Low fat yogurt
Low fat lemon curd on yogurt or cottage cheese
A slice of low fat ham wrapped around a bit of low fat cream cheese.
Veggies dipped in low calorie ranch dressing
SF Popsicles
Diet root beer with just a teeny dash of cream or 1/2 and 1/2.
Soup