Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Not Losing! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=26731)

spatzei Sat, Dec-01-01 06:10

Not Losing!

Morning all!

Just weighed myself and still haven't lost anything! I'm not gettign too discouraged and am definetly keeping to my eating plan! I don't understand, I am not even through my first week of induction...obviously some hidden carbs somewhere. Time to re-evaluate what it is I am eating and where those drasted hidden carbs could be! Could salt have any effect? I'll stop that for a couple of days and see what happens. Any other suggestions out there?

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Cheers!:dazzle:
deb

agonycat Sat, Dec-01-01 07:23

:)

Take a deep breathe. Let it out very slowly and relax.

You put the weight on slowly, it sometimes comes off that way too. This is not a "fast fix" on weight loss, this is a life thing.

Keep repeating to yourself it is okay not to see the scale move for a day or week and keep on the diet. Pretty soon that whoosh will come and you will feel so good that you stuck by your guns and didnt give in.

*hugs* and good luck ;)

Lori Sat, Dec-01-01 07:41

I have been eating low carb for 6 weeks and I have lost about 13 pounds. All of my clothes are much loser now, though and that is what keeps me going. That and the fact that I feel so much better and have more energy. Yesterday at work I wasn't wearing my jacket and so many people commented on how much weight I had lost!! Hang in there and take your measurements. Sometimes the scale doesn't reflect the loss of inches!!

Lori :D

sabrina Sat, Dec-01-01 10:18

Have to agree with lori. On this diet it is very common for an individual to lose inches first before the scale reads it. Dont worry the scale will catch up. Dont get dissapointed and continue your induction. Drink your 64 ozs plus of water. If you are eating salads you might want to cut back on one to see if that works. If you are drinking diet pop be careful of the caffeine and aspartimine as for those can be stallers. I dont know what all you are eating and drinking so I am just trying to think of things for you to do. If you can post what you are consuming and drinking that would be very helpful to try and help you. Take care and hang in there. sabrina

Natrushka Sat, Dec-01-01 10:31

Quote:
Originally posted by sabrina
If you are eating salads you might want to cut back on one to see if that works.

I advise strongly against this. I replied to you in your Journal before I knew you'd posted this, Deb. You're doing FINE. You're eating your veggies; as you're supposed to be doing. Weight gain is not a steady progression upward on the scale. Neither is weight loss. 5 bls in less than a week is phenomenal. Take that deep breath and think about it. This is about permanent fat loss; it's not a quick fix. You're doing great; keep it up.

Nat

spatzei Sat, Dec-01-01 11:24

Thanks guys and just keep drilling this into my head for me...it is working...feeling much better about my 5lb loss this week!

Deb :p