Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Firedancer's Exercise Log - feel free to post (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=263977)

Firedancer Fri, Aug-26-05 16:03

Firedancer's Exercise Log - feel free to post

I decided that I should start keeping a log of my exercises and measurements on here. Please feel free to post any comments or suggestions. Try to be nice to me, though. I am really trying. My dh is away in the military and it is just me trying to get this weight gone forever.

Starting measurements:
Weight: 274
Waist: 40"
Abs: 53"
Hips: 56"
Thighs: 28"
Calf: 19"

Today I did some stretching exercises and strength training. I am apart of Ediets, so they have planned out for me the particular moves to do.

I also did 42 minutes on the Gazelle. I did not use the arms on the machine and I just pump them at my side. This enables me to get into a slow run. I like it because it is low impact, but I am sweating and feel my heart pump. I am going to try and do atleast 40-60 minutes a day.

:wave:

drina39 Fri, Aug-26-05 19:21

Great start ! Keep it up...its tough, but you can do it ! ;)

Firedancer Sat, Aug-27-05 16:54

Thanks so much for the vote of confidence. I really appreciate it!!!!! :)

Firedancer Sat, Aug-27-05 16:58

Day 2

:D Day 2 - exercise journal
Saturday 8/27/05

I was not in the mood to do anything today. AF is coming and I am really bloated and irritable. Not a good day to be around me. Thankfully, dh is in another state and it was just me the two dogs and kitten. I do not think they were overly happy with me today...but I did take the dogs outside about 4 million times, so that should be something.

I did strength training, and stretching today
Cardio: 43 minutes on the Gazelle.

My quads are really hurting today. I am not overly good at lunges, but I have been doing them. I try and stretch really good before I do them, but they always ache afterwards. Everytime I try and sit down, they hurt along with my abs....BUT I ENJOY IT... it is a good pain. A pain that I know I worked out those muscles really good.. I LOVE IT!

Kimberly
FIREDANCER
:yum:

Firedancer Sun, Aug-28-05 09:01

Day 3

Sunday August 28,05

I did my exercise today. I really tried to squeeze my abs tight while I did my crunches. I have to remember to breathe though. 1/2 of the time I am holding my breath the other half I am inhaling and exhaling at the appropriate times.

I did stretching and strength training today. As well as 30 minutes on the Gazelle. I was exhausted and I knew it was time to get off. I would have like to do 45 minutes or 50. I really need to work up to that.

I am doing ok on my water today. I need to chug a little more.

Kimberly
Firedancer

Firedancer Mon, Aug-29-05 15:37

Monday the 28th of August

I so did not want to exercise today. I did 25 minutes on the Gazelle, some situps and strength training. That was the most that I could manage. I just was not feeling into it... I see dh in 2 days and I get excited and restless...you would think that exercise would help me.. but everytime I start I think of other things that I need to do to prepare for the trip.....

I am going to try and workout while I am there as well. Since dh is in the military I am sure that he and I can run or walk. We are going to Sea World one day, so I should get some good exercise and we are going to the River Walk another day

Kimberly
Firedancer
306/273/160

Firedancer Tue, Aug-30-05 07:30

Day off

I have not had a day off from exercise since I began. I think that I will make Tuesdays my one day off. I did do some strength training and some stretching...but not enough to really make a difference.

Kimberly
306/271/160

Firedancer Tue, Sep-13-05 15:51

I have not posted on my gym journal for awhile. I need to start getting in the habit of doing this.

Exercise:
30 minutes on the Gazelle
Stretching and toning of arms today

I feel really good. I have almost gotten in my allotted amount of water today!

Kimberly
Firedancer
306/266/165
101lbs to go!!!!!
40lbs lost and gone forever!!!!

Firedancer Wed, Sep-14-05 18:06

Got 30 minutes on the Gazelle in today. Along with some arm exercises and stretching. I feel pretty good. I am hoping next week to up the amount of time on the Gazelle.