Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What's the best meat to eat? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=253632)

coolwater Wed, Jun-15-05 12:52

What's the best meat to eat?

What's your favourite flesh? ;) Is it beef, pork, chicken, lamb... Are there some that satisfy you more or less. Any that seem to aid the weight loss more? What's the perfect LC meat? I'd love to read your thoughts :wave:

Nancy LC Wed, Jun-15-05 12:57

My personal favorite is chicken. Good thing, because the diet I'm doing now I am eating LOTS of it. :D

LC-Laur Wed, Jun-15-05 13:34

My favorite meat to eat changes weekly. One week I'll be obsessed with beef, the next pork, then fish, then chicken... I love it all (except lamb). Chicken probably gets used more than anything, though, since it's so versitile (and beef is far more expensive).

Surprisingly, I tend to lose better when I have beef a couple times a week, at least... So the opposite of what you're taught growing up. :rolleyes: But that's what this whole woe is, isn't it?

foxgluvs Wed, Jun-15-05 14:03

Yeah i agree, I lose weight better on red meat!
I love Lamb, my favorite, but beef too!
yumm

SweetV Wed, Jun-15-05 14:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwater
What's your favourite flesh? ;) Is it beef, pork, chicken, lamb... Are there some that satisfy you more or less. Any that seem to aid the weight loss more? What's the perfect LC meat? I'd love to read your thoughts :wave:

Awwwww man! why'd you have to call it "flesh"????? To answer the question, i prefer chicken!

Fhyreworks Wed, Jun-15-05 14:13

Beef. Yummy, juicy, rare to medium-rare beef.

Debbie

CindyG Wed, Jun-15-05 14:17

My favorite is beef YUMMY! I love lots of fish too, but it doesn't satisfy me the way chicken or beef do.

hdyhouse Wed, Jun-15-05 14:26

I prefer pork, beef, and chicken. The only meat that was not as satisfying was turkey, which is surprising considering that chicken is satisfying.

KryssiMc Wed, Jun-15-05 14:53

Would have to be a huge, juicy, rare steak!

coolwater Wed, Jun-15-05 14:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetV
Awwwww man! why'd you have to call it "flesh"?????...

LOL. Sorry, I tend to wax poetic at times... :lol:

coolwater Wed, Jun-15-05 15:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyG
My favorite is beef YUMMY! I love lots of fish too, but it doesn't satisfy me the way chicken or beef do.

I'd have to agree with you there, beef especially hits the spot for me. I just wonder if it's not good to eat it every day. I love putting ground beef in my breakfast omlette, it always carries me through till lunch time.

Dodger Wed, Jun-15-05 15:31

Mutton is the only meat that I do not enjoy.

SusanKH Wed, Jun-15-05 15:32

Beef - especially a juicy, rare to medium rare, steak. Ummmmmm. I also found out that if I don't eat protein at breakfast I starve until lunch time.

My_3_Sons Wed, Jun-15-05 15:51

The best for you is turkey chicken and fish.

I personally love all meat, from venison, wild hog, pork, beef, fish, turkey, chicken. So many things can be done with chicken, I seem to go through chicken moreso than any other meat.

:)

black57 Wed, Jun-15-05 17:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwater

Ummm, my favorite flesh? It is beef, preferable heavily marbled steak :yum: You know what is funny? When I watch the Animal Planet and the lioness catches the zebra and begins feasting on it with the rest of the pride. I think to myself, mmm that looks good :agree: