Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Hi Everyone:Feeling great (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=25343)

Lizzy38 Mon, Nov-12-01 13:36

Hi Everyone:Feeling great

Just wanted to say a special "Hi" :wave:

I've been away from this site for quite a while. I've kept on Atkins since I started in March of this year, and have lost quite a bit. I'm down to 135 from 185 and to a size 9. and feel great. I still walk my two dogs for 8 km. almost everyday, on the trail, and also work out at the gym with a friend. I also do yoga once a week at the gym and do some body sculpturing 3 times a week in the evenings. I have added some fruit into my daily meals as I really missed it. I may fluctuate in between 2 to 3 lbs every so often. Since last time I was on this site I was renovating our suite downstairs for rental. Well that finished at the end of August and my tenants moved in Sept., three great young folks. Gave myself a little break from anymore renovating till after the new year so I thought lol, but I started doing our two bedrooms last week.

Liz

Karen Mon, Nov-12-01 15:25

Thanks for dropping by Lizzy. Isn't it great how things change and how everything works out with a little bit of determination?

I still remember the latte discussion!

Karen

Atriana Mon, Nov-12-01 18:37

Welcome Lizzy! Congratulations on all that weight loss. You have done super!

Lizzy38 Mon, Nov-12-01 21:45

Hi Karen

Nice hearing from you. Thank you also Atriana.
Well Karen I made your Tiramisu and oh was it ever good, in fact I tried quite a lot of your recipes and enjoyed them. I still have three wild salmon from the six that I bought from a fisherman this summer in my freezer. I don't know what I'm going to do after I eat all of it as no way will I buy farmed salmon. By the way I made Doreen's Christmas Fruitcake and also a small traditional one too just in case there are some who want that instead. Thank's Doreen for the recipe, it's a life saver. Oh Doreen I added some rum too to kick it up a notch :hyper: lol, and I'll let you know how good it was. I'm going to have two dinner parties in December so I'm going to go gong ho in the cooking department, one buffet and one traditional Christmas dinner. Ok I know what you are going to say "is it low carb" lol, how about half and half, or maybe 60-40. Got to have some traditional cooking lol. I'll try not to be tempted. :devil: Actually we just put up our outdoor Christmas lights. I'm actually quite excited about Christmas this year, for some reason or other.
P.S. I still have a cappuccino once in a while, just can't give them up all together ;)

Take Care
Liz

YogaBuff Mon, Nov-12-01 22:05

Know that cappuccino feeling. There's a coffee place around the corner from here called Sufficient Grounds (yuck-yuck!) that makes a concoction called caramel creme something or other. Haven't had it yet cause it's very NOT -lo-carb, but my two sisters are always swilling it down and talking about how it's like a liquid Milky Way bar.

So, when I reach goal, I'm havin' a swig. Just a swig! :p

yb