Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb War Zone (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   my diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=244852)

Pain86 Sun, Apr-17-05 16:57

my diet

hi there.

meal one
2 cups oatmeal
bagel

meal two
2 cups rice
banana

meal three
2 cans low carb soda
4 slices bread

meal four
large bake potatoe

meal five
protein shake

i try and lower my carbs after 6pm :yum:

LiveWell Sun, Apr-17-05 17:01

lol good job

potatofree Sun, Apr-17-05 17:07

So.... this is pertinent on a low-carbing board, why?

Pain86 Sun, Apr-17-05 17:10

i like carbs

Moonwalker Sun, Apr-17-05 17:34

um ok.............

ladygolden Sun, Apr-17-05 17:56

:lol: just a suggestion. might you be happier on a carb loving meat-hating veggie adverse forum. Sure you'll find much support there :lol:

Lendek Sun, Apr-17-05 17:56

I think Ill use this post to practice my spmming.

fddfdfdsfdsafdsfdsfdsfdsfdsafdsafdsafdsafdsafdsafdsafdsafdsafdfdafdsafds afdsaf

Rosebud Sun, Apr-17-05 18:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain86
i like carbs

Hullo Pain86,

We don't mind people who are not low carbers visiting us, but as we make clear in our
forum rules, (to which you clicked "I agree" when you joined ;)) we ask that you restrict your posts to the War Zone.
Quote:
If you do not believe in low-carbing and have strong arguments against it, you are welcome as well, but please restrict your posts to the "War Zone". If you have scientific or medical references you wish to share with us, please post the material in the "Low-Carb Studies" section of our forums.

Rosebud:rose:

upback Sun, Apr-17-05 18:23

Holy smokes :eek:

The power of the mind over body....

I got the shakes and could feel a headache coming on just by reading that! If I ate that (which I use to) I would be shaking and climbing the walls by afternoon!

Juli_G Sun, Apr-17-05 18:32

Hi there! I think you got lost somewhere. Maybe made a wrong turn at the last stop sign. Do you need directions to a carb loving forum? You're giving us the shakes here!! :lol: :) Good luck with your diet! Have a great day! :wave:

Bandito Sun, Apr-17-05 19:32

You might want to add some suppliments to your diet. A diet of mostly starch is lacking in nutrients and will cause you to become ill.

nikkil Mon, Apr-18-05 06:13

oh, brother.....

I just WISH I had the time to waste doing stuff like this (altho I would put it to MUCH better use :D ).

Alleine Mon, Apr-18-05 07:07

Well, maybe that's why their name is "Pain." It's because of the way they eat.

HappyLC Tue, Apr-19-05 07:11

I followed a diet like that (but with more vegetables) for a couple of months a few years ago. It was the McDougall diet - very low-fat vegan. For the first week I felt great. I had more energy and my post-nasal drip and eczema started clearing up. Then I started realizing I was constantly hungry. I was eating every hour or two. I had constant stomach aches and terrible gas. I was always cold and rather miserable and starting going to bed at 9pm, just because I was so cold and hungry. I was eating a TON of food, but it just wasn't satisfying. Then one night I found myself craving mayonnaise in the middle of the night. LOL. I got up, ate a mayo sandwich (no kidding) and went back to bed satisfied for the first time in weeks!

I lost eleven pounds but it was NOT worth it.

LOOPS Wed, Apr-20-05 11:31

Hmm. A very high carb diet often ends up being pretty deficient in protein. However I'll admit some people seem to manage on a minimum of protein, even thrive sometimes. It's also very difficult upping protein without upping fat - then you're back to square one regarding weight loss if you keep it high carb.

I did McDougall as well. I'll give it this - I slept pretty well with all those carbs. But i also got the gas and got quite nervy on this diet. I was also very cold all the time. Hunger-wise - well I ate a lot so I wasn't hungry all the time. Lost some muscle but not much fat I'm afraid. Still - despite the lack of B12, taurine and carnitine, it is still pretty healthy compared to SAD.

Am also allergic a bit to gluten, so there goes a lot of the grains.

Loops