Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   hello to the new me (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=24431)

grrlpwer Tue, Oct-30-01 15:46

hello to the new me

Hello,nice to meet everyone.i found this forum through a friend.she knew i was gonna start the dr.atkins diet and she seen this site and told me about it.i hope to make many friends and to pick up some good tips and from time to time i hope this will be a good place to find a shoulder to cry on.
I'm very excited to start and very scared to start.This is my first time on the atkins diet and I really hope it works.I'm gonna give it my all.
well,nice to meet everyone...I'm from Texas,i'm married and i dont have any kids...well except for my cats..lol :wave:

Sharon Tue, Oct-30-01 15:53

welcome

Hi and welcome to the forum. What a wonderful friend you have to remember our site and to share the information with you.

If you haven't already done so, the first thing you should do is read Dr. Atkin's book. I still refer to mine time and time again. It's well worth the 10.00. This forum is also choked full of information that will keep you busy reading for awhile. Knowledge is your best weapon again going wrong. Often we make mistakes, just because we don't know. Don't be afraid to ask questions here too. Our members are very knowledgeable and will give you wonderful support.

You should consider setting up a journal over in Bootcamp. These journals are also a great source of information. It's so interesting to read them and follow different journeys of success.

Good luck, post often and let us know how you're doing.

Sharon

fiona Tue, Oct-30-01 16:05

Hi grrlpower

Welcome :wave:

Taking the first step is the hardest ... after that it only gets easier. Sure you can do it - all it takes is commitment and willingness to give it everything you have got.

The support here has helped me through many a bad patch. Reading other people's journals is always inspiring. How about starting one of your own so you have a full and complete record of your progress.

Remember to weigh and measure yourself at the start of your journey.
Take care.

grrlpwer Tue, Oct-30-01 16:32

thank you

Sharon and Fiona thank you so much for all the kind words...I just got back from opening my journal account...and i weighed and took all my measurments this morning..i will keep yall posted on how i do...i'm so excited and so scared at the same time..i've spent most of my day reading everyones journals and i hope i can do as good as everyone else...please keep in touch :wave:

I went the other day and got several of the Dr Atkins books and i'm gonna read them over and over till i get it down pat...

Thank you again for all the nice words :)

LC Sponge Tue, Oct-30-01 16:49

Hi Grrlpwer

Read your first journal entry - :) is that a growl of determination?

If so, you're off to a great start.

Welcome and post often!

grrlpwer Wed, Oct-31-01 01:06

Hello sponge very nice to meet you!

ohhh i'm very determined,...i truely feel this is gonna be a WOL for me and not just a diet...i honestly feel this is something i can continue the rest of mylife.

the past few years i look in the mirror and dont even see the same person...but all that is about to change..

i'll be posting mainly at night as that is when i'm awake..my husband works nights and i'm usually up all night with him..he works outta his office mainly..

i'm gonna try very hard to get him to start this new WOL too...so wish me luck with that...

sponge i post all my stats in my journal i went back and wrote in it again to let everyone know my weight and mesurements...thank you for such kind words everyone.because i'm still so confussed about some stuff :daze:

firespirit Wed, Oct-31-01 01:40

Hi grrlpwr,

I just stopped by here in Introductions to see what's new...and I found your name all over. Glad you are here :exclm:

Like everyone has already told you--this is a good place to get encouragement and support
Quote:
and from time to time i hope this will be a good place to find a shoulder to cry on.
And there are lots of good shoulders around here too ;)

I'm happy to meet cha'

LC Sponge Wed, Oct-31-01 04:59

Good luck with your dh Grrlpwer, its so much more fun when you have a live-in LC buddy :)

sabrina Mon, Nov-05-01 10:28

Hi grrlpower

Hi there I'm Sabrina and I just wanted to say hello. I am also new and started this diet on Nov 1. How are you doing on your new way of life? Are you shedding any pounds? I am from Flinttown Michigan but have family in the lubbock area. Well I wanted to wish you the best of luck to the new you and I'll see ya at the finish line. P.S. I'm there wih ya all the way! Have a wonderful day. Sabrina

Charyl Mon, Nov-05-01 13:31

Hi and welcome grllpwer! I'm also new at this - startd last tuesday and can't wait to weigh tomorrow - I cheated and peaked last Friday and was down 3 lbs. so it really pushed me over for the weekend - great booster to get me through that first weekend!

Even if I just maintain that 3 lb lost - I'm 3 lbs lighter than last week at this time!!!

I had trouble with withdrawal headaches - but after 3 days I felt GREAT!! :cool: Now I'm fighting the sweettooth fairy - but I'm gonna win. I just found out about the journnaling - so I'm heading there next!

Good luck to you.

Charyl