Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Cream Cheese (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=229150)

Monique--- Tue, Jan-18-05 17:56

Cream Cheese

Is this item restricted like other cheeses......I feel like I might be eating to much.

Also what is 1 ounce of CC, a Tablespoon....more....less. I don't have a scale and I have CC in a tube not the blocks with the scores on it.

Thanks.

UrbanZero Tue, Jan-18-05 18:22

Not sure about this one, but I know Dr. A suggests it as a staple in the Fat Fast, so I would say no, not the same as cheese, more like heavy cream category.

taming Tue, Jan-18-05 18:28

Yes, it is restricted like other cheeses. An ounce is a touch under 2 Tbsp full and has 1 carb.

Get a scale---really, even one of those under ten dollar simple kitchen scales will do. The whole process of learning what one ounce of cream cheese, or four ounces of chicken really looks like is amazingly helpful.

If you weigh your food--all the time initially, and then less often if you like, but often enough to make sure you're still estimating accurately--you will find yourself coming to understand what a normal portion of food really is. You will be able to go to a restaurant and look at what is placed on your plate and know how much you really should eat.

If you are anything like me, over the years the concept of serving sizes has become really distorted. The scale is a huge help with this.

shellslyn Tue, Jan-18-05 18:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming
Yes, it is restricted like other cheeses. An ounce is a touch under 2 Tbsp full and has 1 carb

Yes it is restricted like other cheeses (sorry for the echo). If cream cheese is the only cheese you're eating for the day, 3-4 oz is a LOT!

Monique--- Tue, Jan-18-05 19:16

Okay, thats cool then. I like to add cream cheese to my tuna salad and I was worried about the amount but I probably only use one ounce and it is for multiple servings. You are correct about the scale, but I've purchased alot lately so I am holding off.

UrbanZero Wed, Jan-19-05 11:01

I stand corrected. Good to know!

LC-Laur Wed, Jan-19-05 15:22

I couldn't imagine eating 3-4 oz of cream cheese in a day! :lol: I'd SO be puking my brains out! Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff... But usually 1-2 T every couple of days is all I need (and can handle).

Anyway, just had to chime in. :D

vbrowne Wed, Jan-19-05 15:25

LC, I agree, 3-4 oz of cream cheese, no thanks

Vikki

shellslyn Wed, Jan-19-05 15:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC-Laur
I couldn't imagine eating 3-4 oz of cream cheese in a day! :lol:

I can :blush:

I love ham and cream cheese roll ups. I love mock danishes. Even some mixed into some peanutbutter.

Yes:agree: it's some good stuff :yum:

Monique--- Wed, Jan-19-05 15:56

I mixed in some cocoa and splenda and to cure my late night snack cravings.

AmandaLynn Sun, Jan-30-05 22:30

i mix cream cheese splend and a LOT of cinnamon and mash it all up then roll it in little balls and freeze for 2 hours. take them out and keep them in the fridge..... YUM YUM YUM

judyr Sun, Jan-30-05 22:41

I like cream cheese with the lc syrups poured over. Wow!

UrbanZero Mon, Jan-31-05 04:07

I just tried that "fake fudge" with cocoa, CC, splenda, cream, holy cow, really good.

Allyaus Thu, Feb-03-05 20:07

If you mix some of the "Whipped" cream cheese with splenda and a little lemon juice its just like eating cheesecake... Its got a fluffier consistency than the normal cream cheese so its so much nicer for that sort of thing. Would be good with cocoa too like someone said.

Wyvrn Thu, Feb-03-05 20:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC-Laur
I couldn't imagine eating 3-4 oz of cream cheese in a day!

You just haven't had it with the right stuff mixed in. Try it with key lime juice and white chocolate SF syrup. :D

Wyv