Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   LC Research/Media (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   KAREN IN CHATELAINE THIS MONTH!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=22710)

debbiedobson Fri, Oct-05-01 20:15

KAREN IN CHATELAINE THIS MONTH!!

our very own resident chef karen has a full page shot in november's issue of chatelaine! there's also a recipe that she developed for campbell's soup! i was running around my house showing everyone here picture saying "i know her! she's my friend from vancouver!"
wooohooo! way to go karen!:yay::yay::yay:

Natrushka Fri, Oct-05-01 20:28

Really? I must go check my copy. Thx for the heads up, Debbie.

Nat

Karen Fri, Oct-05-01 20:46

Ooops! I've been "outed"...

The recipe is for mashed potatoes. Please don't hold it against me! ;)

Karen

Natrushka Fri, Oct-05-01 20:53

Ohhhhhhhh the bitter irony!!

debbiedobson Fri, Oct-05-01 20:55

ooops! forgot to mention that it's on page 237! karen, we couldn't hold the spuds against you! until you start working in a lowcarb restaurant, we know you've got to cook for the masses! i was wondering if you were going to change it to mashed daikon or turnip! also forgot to say that i love the photo! is that the real fish house kitchen?

Karen Fri, Oct-05-01 21:23

No, it was shot in Toronto.

K

Ruth Sat, Oct-06-01 14:13

Karen,

Wasn't this photo shoot the same week/weekend you met Doreen? I'll go out today & get my copy ;) and will see you Mon. Ruth

Sharon Sat, Oct-06-01 14:23

Suspense

Just read this...........how exciting!!! I'm going to certainly buy a copy..but I just was thinking IF anyone has a copy and a scanner and could copy it, whow, would be great if we could add it to this thread.

I could do it, but wouldn't be able to for a couple of days... I'll be either away or working in the kitchen!!!!!!!!

Karen Sat, Oct-06-01 17:17

Quote:
Wasn't this photo shoot the same week/weekend you met Doreen?

Ruth, you are a sleuth!

Karen

Ruth Sat, Oct-06-01 17:22

Sleuth?

Ruth a sleuth? Nah, not really, just a good memory for little details and calculating 2 + 2 = 4. Hmmm, then again, maybe I am.

TTFN, Ruthie

doreen T Sat, Oct-06-01 17:22

Well, I was going to sit here and just keep quiet, but I guess now I can say that I got to see one of the "out-takes".

I'll steal my mom's copy of Chatelaine tomorrow.

Doreen

Natrushka Sat, Oct-06-01 20:02

Re: Suspense

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharon
IF anyone has a copy and a scanner and could copy it, whow, would be great if we could add it to this thread.

I have a scanner and will gladly volunteer; my issue of chatelaine isnt here yet though :( Hopefully I'll get it next week

Nat

Sharon Sun, Oct-07-01 11:17

Karen!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...I ended up having to go for more apples at the grocery store...and grabbed a copy of Chatelaine..GREAT PICTURE KAREN!!!!!!!!! You're looking good lady!

I intend to pull it out at supper........along with my Chiffon Pumpkin Pie!!!

The lowcarb forum is so fortunate to have you and your expertise.

P.S. I'm also going to try your potatoes recipe for supper....just looked at it...and thought the kids would love this with their turkey (neither are big gravy lovers!)...PERFECT again.

doreen T Tue, Oct-09-01 11:44

HERE SHE IS!!

1 Attachment(s)
Miss Chatelaine :dazzle:

Well, thanks to the miracle of internet, Sharon was able to email me a scan of the photo this morning. I shrunk it down so should fit most monitor screens nicely.

Karen, I was lucky enough to see one of the out-take pics, and I thought IT was wonderful. This is terrific .. congrats!

Doreen

Sharon Tue, Oct-09-01 15:23

Hummm

Pretty nice outfit....hummmm wonder how she keeps it clean!!

Great photo Karen!!