Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   LA Weightloss? Low carb?? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=211580)

luvmy2girl Mon, Sep-27-04 11:28

LA Weightloss? Low carb??

I've been sent some information on LA Weightloss. The person that sent it to me, said that LA Weightloss Center's thing is low carb. I thought it would be great to have some "accountability" and a weigh-in.

I called the Center and have an appointment tonight. She didn't really tell me a lot about the weight loss plan though.

Does anyone know anything about them?

Busyamom Mon, Sep-27-04 12:05

I've heard they are expensive but other than that I simply don't know.

lpioch Mon, Sep-27-04 13:24

I have no idea either. My GUESS is that they have protein powder suppliments and vitamins and mineral suppliments and other pills that they sell you, along with some sort of meal plan. But that's a guess. Accountability is good...but I can't afford to spend lots of $$$ to get it.
-- Loretta

Skweezzy Mon, Sep-27-04 13:32

i think my brother-in-law is in to them for over $1,000!! and he wasn't all that successful in the long run...

this woe is "free"... if you think about it.

phillygirl Mon, Sep-27-04 13:34

It is very expensive, and you have to pay all the money up front. I did it years ago, and was a lot lighter.......in my wallet

luvmy2girl Mon, Sep-27-04 13:44

Oh my! I am cancelling my appointment right now!

I was told that it was $7.00 per week. I wasn't told that there were extra costs!

Ugh, I hate when people try to pull something over on me!

angeljandy Mon, Sep-27-04 15:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2girl
Ugh, I hate when people try to pull something over on me!

I know what you're talking about, so many of these weight loss plans are just a get rich scheme. People are so desperate to loss weight that they'll fall for anything.

KristyC Mon, Sep-27-04 17:16

I've heard it is VERY expensive. That is all I really know about it.

Lisa N Mon, Sep-27-04 18:41

I do know one person at work who lost a lot of weight doing Jenny Craig. It was expensive (what they don't tell you is that you also have to pay for the cost of the meals, supplements, etc... that they supply you in addition to your weekly fees) and when she quit doing the program, she gained all the weight back again in less than a year.
They may have a low carb program now, but at the time my co-worker was doing it, the program was more along the lines of low cal/low fat.

toni marie Mon, Sep-27-04 18:49

Good thing to cancel right away...perhaps find a local gym if you want to work out - I can't do it alone it's gets too boring lol.

I am hoping to find a gym here that isn't too costly until I can start school.

Does anyone know if you can cancel your membership at anytime?

Sccuffy Mon, Sep-27-04 19:27

This might be blunt.....Be accountable only to yourself, only you know what the truth is, you don't have to pay other's to keep you going in the direction you want to, you have use here.

iwill Tue, Sep-28-04 06:31

Do not know much about it, except it's pricey!

pookalee Tue, Sep-28-04 06:56

I would use that money to join a gym or Curves or take some kind of an exercise class that you will enjoy and stick with. Im sure it would be more beneficial to you and your wallet in the long run :)

vbrowne Tue, Sep-28-04 07:03

Sounds like Herbal Magic. I got a call from them and I kept asking how much the program was, which they wouldn't divulge, they said to come in and discuss it. I never went, I told the lady if she couldn't tell me how much, then it was too much.

Vikki