Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Sweet treats (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Chocolate and Walnuts Squares (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=20990)

BillT Fri, Sep-21-01 02:41

Chocolate and Walnuts Squares

Ingredients for 4 persons: 8.8 oz. unsweetened Chocolove baking chocolate (33.3 ECC), 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream (0.4 ECC), 1 tablespoon water, 1 cup shelled crushed walnut halves (7 ECC), 1/2 cup butter, liquid Spenda equivalent to 3.5 oz. sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (0.5 ECC).
Preparation: 20 minutes. Resting time: 12 hours.
Preparation: Melt the butter with the cream and water in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. When the chocolate softens, stir it to get a very smooth consistency. Remove the chocolate from over the pan. Add the butter and the Spenda and mix. Add the walnuts and stir until the dough gets very homogeneous. Pour the mixture into a dish layered with aluminum paper. Even the top of the cake and refrigerate it for at least 12 hours. Turn out the cake of the dish and cut in small squares as in the picture.
Total ECC: 41.2; per person: 10.3 ECC.

debbiedobson Fri, Sep-21-01 10:22

do i detect FUUUUDGE! one of my favourite words! i've always believed that chocolate should be a food group! thanks bill!

by the way, you sure have been busy posting, haven't you! thanks for all the wonderful recipes! :thup:

diamondgal Fri, Sep-21-01 11:52

this is for BILL

keep the recipes coming, they look too good to be true. i can't wait to try them, i am off to the store now. :wave:

joanne42 Wed, Oct-03-01 19:07

Bill can you use ordinary unsweetened baking chocolate as well?? the one you mention we don't have here in my home town...

BillT Sun, Oct-07-01 03:07

Out of Timmins

Quote:
Originally posted by joanne42
Bill can you use ordinary unsweetened baking chocolate as well?? the one you mention we don't have here in my home town...
Well, no, I'm afraid you're going to have to move :(
Or maybe not! :D I use Chocolove because they put quite a lot of bean fiber in their chocolates so their carb counts are low-carb friendly but use other chocolates if you can't find Chocolove. Make sure you adjust the carb counts accordingly though and let me know how it turns out!

joanne42 Mon, Oct-15-01 19:52

Me move??? for chocolove??? No thanks.. ROFLMAO... I'm going to go shopping tomoorow to FIND the thinks i need for this.. I wonder if maybe our health food store would have that chocolove you mentioned.. I will try and see.. :D

BillT Tue, Oct-16-01 00:39

Chocolove

Quote:
Me move??? for chocolove??? No thanks
Cali rules! :thup:
Quote:
I wonder if maybe our health food store would have that chocolove you mentioned.. I will try and see.. :D
That's usually where you find it…

tukeorama Tue, Oct-30-01 16:38

ECC?

:confused: Sorry, I'm new... What does the ECC stand for in Bills recipe? It sounds delicious!!!

BillT Wed, Oct-31-01 01:18

ECC

Quote:
Originally posted by tukeorama
What does the ECC stand for in Bills recipe?
Effective Carbohydrate Content: the fiber is deducted from the count to leave only the carbohydrates your system will effectively metabolize.

LC Sponge Wed, Oct-31-01 05:02

Just in time to intercept the illegal Hallowe'en goodies. Thanks Bill!

tukeorama Wed, Oct-31-01 09:15

ECC

Thanks, BillT, for clearing that up!!! I agree, your recipes are TDF (To Die For) keep on Posting!!! :wave:

Elihnig Sat, Nov-17-01 08:19

Re: Chocolate and Walnuts Squares

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BillT

Preparation: Melt the butter with the cream and water in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. When the chocolate softens, stir it to get a very smooth consistency. Remove the chocolate from over the pan.

Forgive me for not understanding. When does the chocolate get softened? Doesn't it melt in a pan? But the pan was full of water?? Please somebody give me the exact setup.

I would love to make this for taking to my family's for Thanksgiving.

Elihnig

danume Sun, Nov-25-01 18:27

I think thats where the bowl comes in....it's resting over the pan of hot water to help melt the choclate :roll: