Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   What food do you NOT miss anymore? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=208401)

TrinityX Wed, Sep-08-04 19:41

What food do you NOT miss anymore?

We're constantly talking about what food we miss. Let's talk about what we don't miss, surprisingly.

I'll start.

RICE!!! :)

I can't understand why I was so addicted to it? I mean it tastes so BLAND! I'll be happy to trade 200 cals of rice (one tiny cup) to eat 200 cals of apples (2-3 apples, yummy!)

So what don't you miss anymore?

OzSlimmer Wed, Sep-08-04 19:45

Good post - I think we'll have some interesting answers come up.

I don't miss pasta. I was never really big into it, I would have much rather ordered a pizza with extra toppings. I know people will think I'm crazy since a lot are going through pasta withdrawl- but that's one thing I can live without.

Funny- I'm a fan of bland rice! ha ha

HollyAyott Wed, Sep-08-04 20:04

What dont I miss

honestly I dont miss bread or potatos at all, sometimes I'll buy LC pita bread but I could do without bread forever. I was never a fan of potatos to begin with the only kind I like were chips or fries I hated mashed baked scalloped any of it...

GabrielleG Wed, Sep-08-04 20:12

gotta agree with the bread and potatoes. I havent had potatoes since june of 2003. I had LC bread recently but I made french toast so that was a special treat but certainly not something i'd want to have more then every few months.

blue4lemon Wed, Sep-08-04 20:20

i don't know man...i love it all, and you guys all know i fall off the wagon a lot, so there's nothing i DON'T miss. :(

Aysiama Wed, Sep-08-04 21:13

The things I thought I would miss.. I find good substitutes.. L/C tortillas.. dreamfield pasta..
But.. I reaaaaaaally miss McDonald's french fries.. but only when I am in McDonalds!!

TarHeel Wed, Sep-08-04 21:21

I don't miss any kind of potatoes. Thought I couldn't live without Utz salt and vinegar chips, but I can. We won't talk about the crispy Cheetos, now, will we?

Kay

Catkinz Wed, Sep-08-04 21:25

I find I don't miss bread which is a shock because I thought that would be the hardest part of this WOL (I can't cook an egg, so I pretty much lived on sandwiches) I also don't miss pasta or chow mein so much anymore. Oh and chocalate bars! I would eat an average sized bar (maybe two) almost everyday. I still get awful cravings for chocalate but low carb and sugar free ones do the trick. Whenever I feel like cheating (which is getting quite rare) I think about how good it feels to finally start feeling good about myself and to only have one chin lol :o

Lobstergal Wed, Sep-08-04 22:21

I don't miss rice either....or french fries.

pecan Thu, Sep-09-04 00:42

potato chips, rice, pasta, bread...the list goes on and on really. it absolutely amazes me.

kiwigal Thu, Sep-09-04 00:58

Ditto,Pecan!! I'm amazed too at how my tastebuds have changed..sometimes an 'inhale' of something [ custard twist from the bakery, that my kids get] is all i need, the thought of actually eating it does not appeal at all anymore!

Nev05 Thu, Sep-09-04 03:30

I know I'm only starting Atkins but I've given up pasta and potatoes a long time ago and I have to say I don't miss them! But, actually if the truth be told I do miss alot of foods like pizza and bread, but I certainly don't miss the feeling of being bloated and feeling unwell after eating them So my initial reaction is to say away from them all to continue feeling well.
Hope that makes sence! :daze:

Skweezzy Thu, Sep-09-04 04:02

surprisingly... i don't miss sodas... not at all... and they were the hardest to give up for me. i'm positive that if i were to have a soda right now, i'd find it disgusting. i was particularly fond of coke.

twistermom Thu, Sep-09-04 06:09

I don't miss soda either. I try to take a taste of my DH once in awhile and it tastes like syrup! EW!

Vydor Thu, Sep-09-04 06:23

I dont miss any food... unless its on the table infront of me! heh