Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Janetly Moves! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=201826)

Janetly Wed, Aug-04-04 08:09

Janetly Moves!

Okay! I started today! August 4, 2004

20 Mins Richard Simmons Blast Off

I am out of shape. I'm all sweaty now. I'm going to keep doing this tape until I can get the treadmill out and start doing my 60 mins again. I think I might look for a weight lifting video or something that will guide me through lifting.

YAY me! :hyper:

Janetly Thu, Aug-05-04 16:32

40 Minute Pilaties w/ Purple Band (easy)

Janetly Sun, Aug-29-04 09:10

Walk Away the Pounds - 1 Mile

Janetly Mon, Aug-30-04 07:08

Walk Away the Pounds - 2 Mile

I have a guilty confession to make :D
I like to come here and brag about what exercise I've done.
Its not to come here and make sure I'm keeping up with it, or to keep myself accountable for anything... its deffinately a wheeee look what I did!

Janetly Tue, Aug-31-04 09:57

WATP - 2 Mile

Galadriell Tue, Aug-31-04 10:34

WATP is COOL!!!!

Last January I started my exercise programme with one month WATP every morning before breakfast. In one month I lost 8 lbs (without any diatery changes), my insomnia, headache disappeared. After this one month my body was ready to start a more serious weightlifitng programme as well as a running training. ( I had the WATP programme that use 2 lbs weights, and teaches the basic weight exercises too.)

Way to go!!!

Janetly Wed, Sep-01-04 08:39

WATP - 2 Mile

Janetly Mon, Sep-27-04 10:27

WATP - 1 Mile
(did the one mile today, and will probably do it again tomorrow and wednesday to get myself "warmed up" for the 2 mile, to start on thursday... just to ease back into it after being on vacation, and not working out)

Janetly Tue, Sep-28-04 15:21

WATP - 1 Mile

Janetly Wed, Sep-29-04 07:35

WATP - 1 Mile

I will start back with the 2 mile tomorrow. I'm going tonight to buy a video called The Firm Tough Tape 2. It is exactly what I've been looking for - a lifting workout to follow along with. I might have to wait until Friday after work to do that one though, I have to work at 7:30 that morning and no way am I getting up at 4:30 in the morning to work out. I might do it tomorrow afternoon maybe... just to see how it is. I'm starting with baby weights, so dont worry. I've got a set of 2, 3 and 5 pounds each. I think I'll start with the 2 the first time, just to get a feel for it, then go to the 3 on the second time around. I am excited to make some muscle! I'm thinking about some "muscle" goals for myself, after watching the Discovery Health Body Challange Hollywood. I have never in my life been able to do a pull up, so I think I'd like to be able to do 5 or 10 of those. How about 15 or 20 real push ups. I'll think of another couple of goals, maybe 1 or 2 more.

Janetly Thu, Sep-30-04 15:19

WATP - 2 Mile

It wasnt as hard or as long as I thought it would be :)
I finally managed to find The Firm Tough Tape 2. I have a meeting at work tonight, then inventory, so I might just watch it today and start it tomorrow.

Janetly Sat, Oct-02-04 20:13

I watched TT2 tonight. Wow is that tape intimidating. It looks like a great full body work out but holy cow they move fast. I dont know that I'll be able to keep up with that, but its like anything else - I'll do the best I can.

I did find it terribly amusing that every single person shown in the video was covered from head to toe in body paint. I wonder why they felt the need for that?

I'm going to go do what I can of this tape, I dont have a box or a stick, so I'll improvise.

Wish me luck!

Janetly Sat, Oct-02-04 21:24

It wasnt as bad as I thought. I goes by much faster when you're actually doing it, rather than watching it. I did the whole thing with 2 pound weights, I was too chicken to try them with three. I did the French Presses with 3 pound though, 'cause that was 2 handed!

I am most deffinately out of shape. I was out of breath and sweating like a pig the whole time. It will take me a while to get those odd jumping routienes down, that was a little ackward.

I think my lower body is more out of shape than my upper body. My legs hurt more than my arms is what I mean to say. I'll go tomorrow or Monday and get a box to stand on and a pole for balance.

I took some before pictures, so I can see how my body changes after I've done this for a while. I still need to get them off the camera so I'll post them tomorrow. I'm gonna go eat some cottage cheese.

Go me!

diemde Sat, Oct-02-04 21:57

Yay for you! Great job. I'd like to see that tape sometime. Maybe after I get back from Chicago I can come over and we can try it together.

I started out with the set of 2, 3 and 5 lb weights, too. Don't worry about lifting heavy just yet. Take your time and do proper form. You aren't in a race with anyone on lifting. And remember, I had built up strong muscles just because of being so overweight. My arms did a lot of workouts just lifting my butt up off the couch. :lol:

Janetly Mon, Oct-04-04 18:06

I am still sore from that video on saturday. I have to go up and down the stairs fairly often at work, and I felt like an old woman. The guys were joking with me about needing a wheel chair because I couldnt bend down or anything. I was considering doing it again tonight, but I am a little nervous about it still hurting so much. I think I should wait until tomorrow, just to be on the safe side.

I bought the "Fanny Lifter" to go along with the tapes. It came with 4 other dvd workouts (i couldnt buy it alone). If nothing else it will give me some variety :)