Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   How to feel more energized w/out carbs? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=189902)

johnblaze Tue, Jun-08-04 01:50

How to feel more energized w/out carbs?

Hello, im new...gonna start college after this summer. tryin to lose weight on atkins.

i like to think of myself as very active (unless im behind this dang computer screen). i like to play sports, work out frequently, and top that off im a dancer (breakdancer). and all of those need a good amount of energy. Knowing that carbs and sugars n stuff is a primary source of energy, long term or short term, while dieting wut are ways to get a good amount of energy and not feel tired all the time.

before i use to consume a lot of rice cuz of my asian background . and now that im trying the atkins diet lately i've felt a bit drowzy at time and i tend to feel sleepy. wutr some tips to keep my energy up during the day and for workouts?

dazzlin182 Tue, Jun-08-04 04:02

imo just consume more fat or protein (within the authorized list) to replace the carbs and the hungry feelin you might get

i used to eat rice lots too - not anymore so don't worry ou'll get thru it

good luck

p/s supplements might help too

Fhyreworks Tue, Jun-08-04 04:20

Definitly the fat will help there. Also as far as I know (which I admit isn't a lot) carbs aren't that great for long term energy.

Debbie

runnr Tue, Jun-08-04 06:56

I've been super sleepy too, and my fat percentage seems to be up there. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with phasing out caffeine?

tagcaver Tue, Jun-08-04 07:17

If you're just starting indution then you'll feel a bit less energetic the first few days while your body detoxes. Then you're energy level will pick up - you'll be surprised how much energy you will have after you get carbs out of your system.

And don't forget to eat your vegetables!

MyJourney Tue, Jun-08-04 07:28

Try coconut oil before you work out.

www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com is where I get mine. The fat in coconut oil is metabolized a bit differently and can be used for instant energy while adding no carbs.

scorpio381 Tue, Jun-08-04 07:53

B-complex vitamins work for me.

erinc303 Tue, Jun-08-04 08:23

B vitamins do help, but also a multi-vitamin if you're not already taking one.

Erin

mio1996 Wed, Jun-09-04 11:34

Yup, protein, fat (especially coconut oil) and supplements are definately your answer!

Will-S Wed, Jun-09-04 11:50

I was the same way

for the first 3-4weeks. I was having a hard time getting energy up to go to the gym so i started drinking a sugar free redbull to pick up the energy i was losing out at first, now i dont need that at all. Still get tons of caffine through soda though.