Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   exhilerating rush(just had to post!) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=187880)

flynnlee Sun, May-30-04 01:16

exhilerating rush(just had to post!)

ok guys.

not only does exercise produce an exhilerating rush, but tornadoes do as well.

i was just in the middle of one(there's no lightening now or storm; it's all gone now so i know it's safe to turn on my 'puter) and it was the most amazing thing ever.

i'm an okie and am used to tornado season, but where we lived the tornadoes always went south or east or whatever, but in our new apartments(we're building a house) we get tornadoe warnings (and tornadoes) all the time...

i heard a small storm outide and realized that there might be a tornado so i turned on the news and watched the windows. then i opened the balcony door and that's when the winds picked up our lawnchair on our patio. then i said to myself 'why the heck am i standing here in the middle of a tornado watching it pick up my lawn chair!?!?' so i run inside but just stand there watching it. it was amazing. and tornadoes are funny too -- they can do damage to one side of the street but the other side can stay in tact.

wow. it was scary but exhilerating at the same time...the wind produced the freakiest sound i ever heard...it was a loud whistle with a huge rushing sound and the trees were whipping around all over the place...

ok guys, i know this has nothing to do with the board but i'm still in a slight state of panick and i'm afraid if i don't write about it i may hit the cupboards and look for anything sweet because there are more storms heading our way...

wow...in a strangly fascinating way that was so cool...and scary...i wanna eat!! grrr...

thanks for listening guys!! hope ya'll see the woosh fairy sometimes soon!!

sinistress Sun, May-30-04 01:29

I'm with you on the tornados....i'm in tulsa too. That was one mean storm!

Stay safe!

flynnlee Sun, May-30-04 01:50

you keep safe too!

are u up at this hour because you can't sleep because of the storms too?

wasn't the lightening crazy on that storm?!?!

AFwife Sun, May-30-04 02:26

OH wow, that is so cool. I would love to see one up close, but not so close that it'll pick me up and throw me cross country. :lol:

You should have taken a picture.

I think they are just beautiful don't you. Scary but beautiful!

pookalee Sun, May-30-04 06:14

I hope you all stay safe in the storms!!! Bad weather is so fascinating to me also. Its scary yet exciting! BE SAFE!!!!!

red1cutie Sun, May-30-04 11:18

Be safe everyone! I have been through a hurricane so I knida know how you feel.

red

Randy B. Sun, May-30-04 11:27

Hey, 2 more Okies! I'm in Ponca City. I was waiting for a storm to hit last night, but nothing. Sirens were blown lst Wednesday night-no tonado, but some pretty good circulation.

jjbswest Sun, May-30-04 12:02

Hey, I know what you guys are talking about. I'm from Missouri so we get them all the time too. Last year a big one came through about 10 miles south of my house. It was all over the news. I remember when I was little and my parents had us outside running to the cellar and you could see 3 of them in the sky touching down heading our way. It was so scary and cool at the same time. But, they veered off and went north of us. But, everyone stay safe and stay away from the cupboards! ;)

nowonder Sun, May-30-04 15:16

Tornados might produce a rush similar to exercise, but I doubt they are a safe way to lose weight...

:D

--nw

AnnieFelac Mon, May-31-04 02:01

Yikes. I don't know what's worse, tornado's or earthquakes. Tornado's freak me out although I've never seen one in real life our ham radio group went and took the skywarn class and learned about them. I guess the ONLY thing about tornados that's better then earthquakes is that at least there's a chance of getting warned, and a place that you can hunker down until it's over. Earthquakes catch you off guard (kinda like how you got caught tonight) and get you right where you are without much chance to protect yourself. I think it's great that you decided to get on the computer and share it with us. I thought it sounded cool- but scary. I'll say a prayer for all you Okies. We have cousins there too, I've actually visited there once. Of course I remember thinking as soon as we arrived, "Look for the tornado shelter." That's how peranoid I was- cuz it was in December!!! :) Annie

nocarbkat Mon, May-31-04 06:09

Hello! from Oklahoma city here, (well, midwest city) and it seems we have one every other day down this way...LOL. I have been here a couple of years now and they still scare the crap out of me and its because they are so random in behavior as flynnlee stated. But dont you find you do funny things during that time, like grab things you would never think to grab to take with you to your "shelter spot". I mean I have to get in the bath tub with a blanket over me last time one came thru and I stuffed my poor cat in a duffle bag!!!! (the only thing I could think of as the sirens were going off!!) poor kitty!!!

Gidget Mon, May-31-04 06:46

I'm in Indiana and last night we had some pretty scary weather here too. The 500 was just over when it hit and there were thousands of people trying to leave Indy in the middle of it. I'm about an hour North of Indy and we had a different system pass through at the same time. We are now under flood warnings. My DD and her BF are wanting to get back to his house today and I'm a little leary of letting them drive. Not only with the water but there is a lot of storm damage from last night, trees and limbs down everywhere.

BlitzedAng Mon, May-31-04 07:22

A very good friend of mine lives in Broken arrow Oklahoma and tells me about the storms. Glad you all are ok.