Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Best tasting cereal? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=187762)

blessedbei Sat, May-29-04 10:17

Best tasting cereal?

I usually work the midnight shift, but I've been put on days through the summer. I need something fast and easy to fix for breakfast now. I'm wondering which flavor of Atkins brand cereal tastes the best. Or is there another brand that tastes better in your opinion?
Thanks for your answers.

tofi Sat, May-29-04 11:34

I love just a "porridge" made from ground flax seeds, a bit of salt and boiling water poured over. Mix & let stand until it thickens. I put "Brown Sugar Twin" and some heavy cream on. Delicious and feels "wicked". It also really manages my cravings for bread things.

CarolynC Sat, May-29-04 12:48

I like the Atkin's Crunchy Almond Crisp. I eat the Atkins Blueberry or Banana Nut occasionally for a change of pace, but the Almond Crisp is by far my favorite.

I also like General Mills' new Total Protein low carb cereal. At 8 g net carb per bowl, it's higher in carbs than the Atkin's cereal, but it has a great crunch and I like it's flavor.

BlitzedAng Sat, May-29-04 12:59

My children also like the Total . When I was eating cereal I would buy the Atkins alomond one myself.

Angel

alexeirrm Sat, May-29-04 13:34

I have had the Atkins Blueberry as well as the Total Protein. I like the Total far better. The taste and texture are superior to the Atkins stuff. I had been using the low-carb "whole milk" from Hood, but have switched to low-carb 2% from Hood; I find it has a better (ie: closer to cow juice) taste.

pecan Sat, May-29-04 14:28

keto has some good cereals as well, but i still prefer atkins...banana nut harvest is my favorite of the three.

GabrielleG Sat, May-29-04 17:59

I've tried the Keto and the Atkins and I found that both are ok as long as I used the hood milk. Somehting about the westsoy milk made the cereal taste nasty. My favorite however is the Cinamon Nutrageous granola made by Flaxomeal its really good however I don't eat it anymore. It's entirely to addictive.

Gabrielle

Tess M Sun, May-30-04 03:49

Gabrielle--I tried the Cherry Nutrageous (it was on special), and I agree--it's good! But, did you notice any intestinal discomfort after eating it? I think I'm going to have to throw mine away, because just a bite of it sends me into orbit with tummy cramps, etc. What a shame! I'm just wondering if there is anyone who can tolerate the maltitol? It might be just my own personal sensitivity to it, but it seems that the majority of us have problems with it. Guess I'll just toss mine, because I'm afraid to offer to give it to anyone. I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy.. :(

tomsej Sun, May-30-04 06:54

Sugar Alcohol Free Cereal

Hi,

Won't eat Atkins cereal; taste really bad to me.

I eat Protein Crunch by Nutritional Assistance every morning. Blows away anything Atkin's produces.

Too bad it costs $16 for a bag of 10 servings. I don't care and I import 6 bags at a time from North Dakota to Canada.

Tom.

etoiles Sun, May-30-04 12:10

I love the Hi Lo cereal. Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of others do too because it is always out when I go to the store! :mad:

GabrielleG Sun, May-30-04 12:19

Hey Tess the only time i noticed anything was when I ate more then half a cup a day. I stoped eating it as a breakfast a long time ago and started using it as a toper on low carb cheesecake( I haven't had much of that lately either).

Gabrielle

BKM Thu, Jun-03-04 16:13

My husband and I like the Atkins banana crunch (?) cereal. It tastes really good the way we prepare it:

70-74g frozen blackberries
12g walnut pieces
20g coconut oil

nuke for 90 seconds, then add:

12g flax seeds
40-44g Atkins banana crunch cereal
5+ ounces Hood's low-carb milk

nuke for 30 seconds

I can stay in ketosis eating this, the calorie count is reasonable, and the carbs are fairly low.... And I don't get hungry at work (not even when someone comes around with fresh donuts, etc.)...

Bonnie

cathafer46 Thu, Jun-03-04 17:51

where do you guys get the "i lost x pounds" signatures?

Moonwalker Fri, Jun-04-04 06:38

KETO CoCoa Crisp is the best :)

SFMOM Sat, Jun-05-04 10:11

Flaxomeal strawberries & cream is good. :)