Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Stuck and depressed! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=186751)

ladyvenom Tue, May-25-04 09:07

Stuck and depressed!

Ok I'm on day 17 of Induction and at first lost nine lbs which was great!
Then Friday I had a moment of weakness and ate a bag of clodhoppers, a McD's cheeseburger w/bun, and a oreo flurry.

I gained 4lbs! and have only lost 1lb since Saturday!!! I'm drinking my water, and back on track. The only thing that could be concidered a cheat is a pudding type thing I make which is: 3tbs cream, 1oz cream cheese, 2tbs sugar free chocolate syrup, and 2tbs of splenda.....

I've measured and have only lost a inch off my hips, but gained (?) 2 on my boobs, and my waist is the same.

To be honest, I don't feel like I'm in ketosis and haven't been for days.

This is what I ate yesterday....

5 slices of bacon & 2 eggs

2 slices of pepperoni
1 1/2 ounces of cheese

spinach salad w/vingerette dressing
the insides of one roast beef wrap (didn't eat the wrap)

a piece of leftover steak

chicken salad w/
lettuce, celery, 2 oz cheese
green pepper, tomatoes
and 1 carb dressing

pudding *see recipe above*
1/3 of a home made chocolate bar (cream, unsweetend choco, butter, splenda) 1 bar =3 carbs

1/2 coffee w/3 creamer and 2 sweet & low

Any ideas on why I'm stalling?
2 slices of deli ham

and at lease ten glasses of water.....

jemman Tue, May-25-04 09:17

well, 1/2 of what u mentioned isnt allowed on induction. my advice would be to go back to eating just whats on the induction list for a few days and see how u feel.

ladyvenom Tue, May-25-04 09:18

What isn't allowed besides the pudding if doing a clean induction?
Can you be more specific please?

EggsnBacon Tue, May-25-04 09:55

Maybe this is a silly question, but could it be PMS?

LucyLucy Tue, May-25-04 10:08

I'd suggest www.atkins.com for info and www.fitday.com for tracking what you eat. If you haven't done a clean induction to the letter, I'd start over for 2 weeks. As you see, cheating doesn't accomplish weight loss, and it's important that you look at why you are cheating so early in the game. Induction is crucial, because it helps you get over your cravings for carbs, thus helping you to not cheat. As stated above, most of what you're eating is not on Induction.

Water is crucial, as is daily exercise. 9lbs is a great loss, the best you can do is chalk it up to experience, jump back on the Induction horse and continue doing what works.

Good luck :)

LL

Pandora23 Tue, May-25-04 10:16

You really need to stick to all natural foods, mostly meats and veggies during induction. I know it can get hard and we all have those moments of weakness but it really will pay off. Def go easy on the cheese, a lot of people stall from it. The cravings will start to deminish and eventually when you crave things they will be things you are allowed to eat. You can do this!!

jagbender Tue, May-25-04 10:18

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=186291
Check this post out.
Try that for a while.
Jag

ladyvenom Tue, May-25-04 10:19

pms, nope...had a hysterectomy five months ago...just the wanting dessert thing still. But I thought that was find on induction?

A couple of people have stated some foods on my menu are not induction friendly, but can you please be specific?

jagbender Tue, May-25-04 10:21

You may not be stuck if you are still loosing inches. The weight will catch up.
A stall isn't a stall until after 4 weeks with no loss in inches or pounds.

Jag

MaryToU Tue, May-25-04 10:23

There is nothing wrong with the pudding, or anything with what you are eating. If you are comming into TOM cycle, you could be holding water. Something that the bacon and ham, and pepperoni will help retain. BUT this to will pass. Also you mention day 17, which means that by all rights you are pass the offical induction period. It might make people respond different if you just let them know you are passed induction, but still keeping your carbs around 20 a day. This allows you a broader range of foods. Still everything you had is fine on induction.

Could be a few things going on. But it is very common to stall out around the third week or so. A lot of people do it, myself included. :D It is very good that you are measuring yourself, check again in a week. Also you body could be rebuilding muscles which weigh more than fat, but take up less room.

I know it is hard, but try to stay away for the scale! Other than the MickeyD day you are doing great. Keep in mind that when you go off plan the way you did, it will take three days atleast to get into ketosis again. SO I usually figure a "break" will cost me a week of my time.

byrdie16 Tue, May-25-04 10:31

ladyvenom,
I broke my stall of about 5 weeks by avoiding- decaf and reg coffee, all artificial sweetners including splenda, no diet sodas, no extra snacking, regularly exercising 6 days a week, following the induction list in the book, getting my carbs with vegies and salad, and even cut my fat and calorie intake a little. No problem now- the weight is coming down and I've upped my carbs and added coffee with continued results I'm happy with. Good luck! Carol