Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   does anyone NOT gain w/ TOM? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=186542)

BUTTERBALL Mon, May-24-04 11:54

does anyone NOT gain w/ TOM?

I usually hear other GAIN a bit when TOM is around, however, i dont think i gain anything? Weird no?

momof4boys Mon, May-24-04 21:18

I started induction the day TOM showed up, today is day 11 and I've lost 11lbs.
Tammy[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkGreen][I]

LilaCotton Mon, May-24-04 21:35

Not as weird as you might think, LOL. I sometimes gain a little, like one or two pounds and sometimes gain nothing. The last couple of times I've gained a little more than usual. However, when I ovulate I automatically gain 5 pounds!

erinleigh Mon, May-24-04 21:43

I gain about 5lbs and as soon as TOM is over, I lose a few more! I try not to weigh my self during TOM cause its a downer even though I know the cause!

Vicki B. Tue, May-25-04 07:37

Since I started this WOE I've had 2 TOMs where I gained and 2 where I lost during. I got my TOM the very day I started induction, but lost through it. The following month I had a long TOM (3 weeks) and gained 5 lbs. of water which came off after, the following month I lost 3 lbs. while on it, and this month I just lost the 5lbs. of water gain from it. Weird.

I agree, it can be a real downer to weigh in during TOM.

Vicki B.

gachic05 Tue, May-25-04 07:45

I don't gain during the TOM....but I stall. I won't lose anything for the whole week and then I usually get a huge loss afterwards. It's frustrating during that week, but then it's worth it in the end.

Elisann Tue, May-25-04 09:54

It varies for me. Sometimes I've gained, sometimes I just stay even and this time I actually lost. Before this WOE I always gained, so I see this new inconsitancy as a plus.

Pandora23 Tue, May-25-04 10:17

Most people's metabolisms speed up TOM so if you can resist the cravings and urges to eat more you could possibly lose a lb or 2. Any weight you do gain during that week is likely water weight so no need to worry. :D

jagbender Tue, May-25-04 10:26

I sure would hate to meet this TOM guy, He sure isn't too popular with you ladies.
:)

Jag
just kidding! jeez! Must be close to "that" time.

Ok i'll go back to my corner!

nets33 Tue, May-25-04 10:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagbender
I sure would hate to meet this TOM guy, He sure isn't too popular with you ladies.
:)
Hahahah! :lol:

That TOM guy certainly can create chaos with us women! Thanks for the laugh and the reminder not to take things to seriouslly....

Kiks

momof4boys Tue, May-25-04 12:16

On another board that I post on we call it Aunt flo! that's appropriate isn't it?
Tammy

Marge Tue, May-25-04 12:37

Hormones... you can't live with them and you can't live without them...

featherz Tue, May-25-04 12:44

I usually don't see much difference between TOM and other weeks, but this pre-TOM week I was up .2 so I'm hoping that's the cause. :) Seems to be coming back down now if measurements are any judge.

scrapgirl Tue, May-25-04 14:29

no gains here...cravings maybe, but no gain, no whoosh!!

thinmom2b Tue, May-25-04 14:53

I have super cravings when TOM comes around. Yuck. Why me? The price of being female.