Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I'm sure this is an exhausted question.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=186336)

CarbStarve Sun, May-23-04 12:29

I'm sure this is an exhausted question....

But I'm new and I'm asking anyway ;) I started Atkins today and had some yummy turkey bacon and shredded cheddar so far. But that's beside the point. My question is this.. How long have you been on Atkins and how much have you lost? Specifically I'd like to know how much you guys lost your first month. Thanks for any replies! :D

black57 Sun, May-23-04 12:45

I have been on Atkins for over 1 1/2 years. I don't remember how much I lost the first month but a good guess would be 14 lbsish. I am not a fast loser as many are on this woe but I have improved my health by a longshot.

Black57

Lipid Sun, May-23-04 12:53

I lost 14 pounds my first month....I'm just in my second month now and have lost 2 more so far for month 2.

CarbStarve Sun, May-23-04 13:16

Awesome! You guys rock!
Black57- how much have you lost total?
Lipid- looks like you're kickin' bootay! Keep it up!

Also, any tips or pointers? :D

pd Rydia Sun, May-23-04 13:28

I started 2 January of this year, and lost about 12 pounds my first month. Lost 27 pounds overall. I'm a slow loser but I've also been on antidepressants on and off during much of my diet, and I also abuse low carb products. However, otherwise I stick to the diet very well and rarely cheat.

tcastro Sun, May-23-04 13:36

I lost 27lbs in the first month, 31lbs since then (2.5 months).

CarbStarve Sun, May-23-04 13:44

pd- 27 pounds ain't bad! Good job!
tcastro- 27 lbs in the first month?! That's what i'm hoping for..hehe!

Are ya'll still in induction?

pd Rydia Sun, May-23-04 13:51

Nah, I stayed on induction for about a month, then started adding carbs back in. I'm about at 50 now, give or take 10. I don't count my carbs obsessively (I mostly count the "junk food" carefully and just estimate loosely on the whole foods).

CarbStarve Sun, May-23-04 13:59

I'm a slow loser too pd. I started counting calories and exercising 3 times a week and I've lost 26 lbs since Feb. Also taking appetite suppressant and upping my water intake, of course. Some girlfriends of mine and I have a beach trip planned July 22 and let me tell you, they are all hotties. So, I'm just trying to be comfortable in my clothes and have a good time without "hatin'" on any of them..hehe. Think I can lose about 20-25 lbs if I stay in induction by July 22?

HeMe2Kids Sun, May-23-04 14:01

About 4 1/2 months. Stats go like this.
January 19 lbs lost
Febuary 11 lbs lost
March 7 lbs lost
April 11 lbs lost
May (Still a week to go) at 7 hoping for more!

CarbStarve Sun, May-23-04 14:04

Dang Melissa! Melting away! Are you still in induction phase? What type of exercise do you do?

Justjen72 Sun, May-23-04 14:13

I have been on it a year today!!!!

I am eating about 30 grams a day.

The first month I lost about 15 lbs, I have lost 65 lbs total. I have been in maintence for about 4 months. :)

CarbStarve Sun, May-23-04 14:17

JustJen- That's great! You look great too! I have a quick question. I think I'm going to be eating a lot of turkey bacon at first. What's a good serving size? 4 slices? or is that too much?

BBQman Sun, May-23-04 14:44

I don't know how much I lost in the first month, but I know I lost 30 lbs in 6 weeks

tcastro Sun, May-23-04 14:47

The first 27lbs came really fast, especially the first 21.

My old lifestyle was VERY bad. I was VERY bloated and did practically no exercise. I probably drank 12oz of water per week.

Over the first month, I worked out 60-90min per day, ate according to the atkins induction plan and drank 64-80oz of water per day.

Such a dramatic change in lifestyle made me drop a lot of weight, really fast, most of which was retained water.