Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Just started lc'ing yesteday (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=184866)

RhondaR Sun, May-16-04 14:09

Just started lc'ing yesteday

Hi Everybody!
My name is Rhonda and I just started on the lc woe yesterday. I am so excited to have found something that I can actually succeed at.
Like a lot of women, the weight just kept coming as I had kids. I got on the scale a couple of weeks ago and realized I had hit an all time high weight of 231 pounds.
I decided I really needed to do something but wasn't really sure about the low carb thing as I called it. I started walking for exercise the next day and found myself so out of breath after just a few hundred feet!!! Talk about a wake up call!!
I have been walking almost every day since and I can walk for 30-40 minutes at a time now. I would like to start a more advanced exercise regimen but don't really know where to start.
I am so excited to be starting this program. I honestly think I can do this! And what a great feeling that is in itself.
I have spent HOURS on here since I discovered this site yesterday. There is so much information here and I just want to read it all.
I really look forward to spending time here and getting to know everyone!

kujayhawk6 Sun, May-16-04 14:19

Hi Rhonda!

Congratulations on your new way of eating! I've been lc'ing for a year and five month now (with an accidental 2 month holiday fall from the wagon! :rolleyes: ) but I just joined the forum today. If you can get through the first 2 weeks you've got it made. After your body adjusts to it's new diet you'll feel great! I hope you have the Induction success I had - 17 lbs in 14 days.

Wishing you all the success in the world, Helen

sherbear Sun, May-16-04 17:06

Welcome and congratulations on choosing a great WOE! These boards are a lifesaver for sure! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PKV Sun, May-16-04 17:43

Welcome and good luck to you! :cheer:

sissy5 Sun, May-16-04 21:53

Hi Rhonda--I started yesterday, too. I think we've found a great place for support and help! We can do this!

AEidman Sun, May-16-04 23:28

Rhonda,
I am here for you.. We will both succeed!
Love,
Alicia ;)

orchidday Mon, May-17-04 00:06

Welcome! I think you will find the forum to be a great tool. I sure do. When I first started exercising I could only make it to my mailboxes (across the parking lot) and I would be out of breath. Now I walk about 3.5 miles every other day and I have done one 5.5 mile walk. I never thought it would be possible but when you keep going, it gets easier and easier. Keep up the good work!

Orchid

Petrina31 Mon, May-17-04 07:00

Rhonda,

Welcome!!! As you can probably already tell, this is a great place for support, advice and encouragement. And you're absolutely right - you CAN do this!

As far as workouts go, if you'd like to kick it up a notch, try the Walk Away the Pounds tapes. It's low impact, easy aerobics that will help ease you into a more challenging workout. I love these tapes!

Best of luck to you,
Petrina

4beans4me Mon, May-17-04 16:17

Hello and welcome Rhonda! :wave:

RhondaR Tue, May-18-04 04:02

THANK YOU EVERYONE for all the warm welcomes!
I weighed this morning and since saturday I have already lost SIX pounds.
WOW, talk about getting inspired!

Already though I have started hearing the negatives from people. How unhealthy this is and so forth. To be honest I just can't see how it would be any more unhealthy than being so overweight. And I'm not eating anything I haven't always eaten. It's just that now I'm not having all the other stuff I was eating along with it.

I am still excited about this. I LOVE this fourm. And I am so glad I found you guys! Thanks for all the support!

Rhonda

kujayhawk6 Tue, May-18-04 05:25

Six lbs! WOW!

That is awesome! What is funny, and I bet you might get a little of this too, is two people who were really against my new woe became converts within a month! I also converted someone at my office, but he was more open minded to start with. It is hard to argue with results!

Keep it up you are doing awesome!

Have you hit the stage where you feel all yucky/weird yet? Don't worry it passes.

jagbender Tue, May-18-04 08:00

Welcome and check out the exercise forums here.
Lots of good info.
Jag

RhondaR Tue, May-18-04 12:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujayhawk6
Have you hit the stage where you feel all yucky/weird yet? Don't worry it passes.

Yes I have!! Just today in fact. It started this morning and it's kind of gone on all day long. I can't really describe it though. I just feel "strange".

Yes the woman that made those comments started in about how it would affect my blood pressure and cholesterol and so forth. I just kinda let it go.
I guess the proof will be in the pudding so to speak.

Thanks again everybody!! I love this forum already! And I am already becoming addicted, lol.

kujayhawk6 Wed, May-19-04 05:37

Just let it slide...

My blood pressure has gone WAY down! My cholesterol was good to start with (I don't know how!!) but my ratio of good to bad has improved.

Do you do the ketosis strips? I don't, but want/ought to.

It will only take 2-3 days for the 'weird' feelings to pass. They are pretty darn weird though! I would feel my face sliding off--weird! Make sure and get some good supplements in you.

Just hang in there!! In a few days you'll feel much more normal. Maybe even better than normal!

I'm totally excited for you!

-Helen