Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Soy Slender vs. Carb Countdown (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=184608)

cococarby Fri, May-14-04 21:43

Soy Splender vs. Carb Countdown

I have been an avid fan of Hood's Carb Countdown milk ever since it hit the shelves at my local grocery, however I've recently tried Westsoy's Soy Splender and WOW.

The chocolate flavor only as 70 cal per cup (compared to 100 cal in Hood's) and only 1 net carb, if im doing the math right... 5 gms carbs minus 4 gms fiber = 1 net carb... (compared to 3 gms in Hood's).

It definatly tastes "soy-ier" but I've always loved soymilk so its perfect for me.
Also, tonight I poured a cup of the chocolate flavor, added about a tablespoon and a half of water to dilute a bit and heated in the microwave for chocolate milk. DELICIOUS. smooth, slow, warm, chocolately goodness and a way healthier solution to a chocolate craving than something with sugar alcohols. It also lasted me a while so I got to savor the flavor. YUMMY :) :) :)

Lindym Fri, May-14-04 21:54

I started using the Westsoy's Soy Splender about 3 weeks ago, hoping it would help my hot flashes (still don't know). It really is good. I mix it with 1 T baking cocoa, 0 carb, and 1 T coconut oil, using SF toasted marshmellow syrup for sweetner: makes a great high fat cocoa :) :)

cococarby Fri, May-14-04 21:58

YUMMMmMM that sounds soooooooo good!! Great idea!! Gotta get me some of that toasted marshmellow sf syrup! I miss marshmellows so much :(

mssusthang Sat, May-15-04 21:00

I get the Carb Countdown milks for my daughter. She likes chocolate milk and I feel best about this (on the periodic occassions that she has it).

I used to get soymilk for her but she doesn't like the taste. She likes the taste of the Carb Countdown brand. It is made with sucralose as well.

Moonwalker Sat, May-15-04 22:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cococarby
I miss marshmellows so much :(

you and me both!

pecan Sun, May-16-04 12:24

how does it compare to 8th continent's light vanilla soymilk? the stuff has 4g carbs per cup (all of which is sugar, i'm afraid), but it's really quite tasty.

Imber Sun, May-16-04 12:42

Now this stuff sounds great....I gotta look for it! Anyone know where I might find it?

argo2d Tue, Jun-15-04 10:50

cool thread! always liked soy slender more and couldn't understand all the hype over the thin runny countdown stuff! but i couldn't post it on another site because they jump down your throat for promoting any product with SOY in it!

Tracey71 Tue, Jun-15-04 11:07

Is Soy Slender available in Canada? I've been looking for a lc soy milk, but they seem to be 10g at the lowest.

Tracey

zorra_1 Thu, Jun-17-04 07:56

I prefer Soy Splender to the Carb Countdown chocolate milk. I was excited to see a LC chocolate milk, but was extremely disappointed when I tried it. I thought it had a strange thick and chalky texture and not as sweet as I had imagined it to be. Fearful to try the whole or 2%.

Carolie Fri, Jul-09-04 19:41

I've been using the Soy Slender with my Atkins Shake mixes and ice for quite some time now ever since I found out it was a "better deal" than the Carb Countdown milk and besides, I loved the taste. I always look forward to my breakfast! I often throw in a splash of various flavors of Davinci. Kahlua is my fave w/ the chocolate or cappucino flavors. Oh, and a pinch of ground flaxseed for added nutrition.

cococarby Sat, Jul-10-04 17:42

A splash of chocolate soy slender + folger's french vanilla + 1 packet splenda... lets just say I don't miss my Starbuck's mocha's anymore :)