Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   I just started three days ago (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=184411)

Diva41 Thu, May-13-04 20:32

I just started three days ago

Hi everyone:
Just went on the plan three days ago and I have been experiencing excruciating headaches and general malaise. Is this a normal thing when one is addicted to carbs. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks :)

hummelda Thu, May-13-04 21:20

Welcome Diva and I'm very sorry to hear about your discomfort. I personally never had those issues but I understand many people do and that they typically go away after 2 weeks maximum. Hang in there!!! This way of eating does really work and can help you get healthy!!

penelope Thu, May-13-04 21:31

I had the terrible headache and weakness .I felt rotten. Drink more water than you think you can handle during the first few weeks. Just wait one morning you will wake up full of energy, and in great spirit, if you feel rotten again make sure that you are not accidentally eating too many hidden carbs.
You can keep track on www.fiday.com
Pene

Rocky_Cdn Fri, May-14-04 15:08

Welcome Diva,

I had slight headaches the first week. I'm sure it was sugar withdrawal, because I stopped drinking the sugared ice teas the day I started this WOL. After that, I just feel better and better all the time!

Stick to it - you can do it!

AFwife Fri, May-14-04 15:10

Welcome aboard.

Hang in there the funk will go away soon.

It happened to all or most of us.

:)

myturn Fri, May-14-04 15:52

I had an awful headache for the first three days and then I went through what I will call my "detox" day..I spent almost all day in the bathroom while my body flushed ( no pun intended there) out a bunch of rubbish. And after that my energy levels soared..you will feel wonderful as soon as the headache etc lifts..just hang in there.....I promise it will all be worth it.

gachic05 Fri, May-14-04 16:19

Sorry to hear you're going through this. I had enormous headaches for about 5 days. I was giving up all caffeine and most carbs so I kinda expected it. It will end though... stick with it!

MsTwacky Fri, May-14-04 16:24

This isn't my first time low carbing and every single time I usually get awful headaches but they will go away and you will feel much better soon!!!!!!!!

You'll be happy you stuck with it. :dazzle:

jemman Fri, May-14-04 16:48

welcome! :)

loserbaby Fri, May-14-04 17:21

It took three weeks for my headaches and dizzy spells to stop, but after that i felt great. I found that water, and taking calcium and vitamin c, and multi v suppliments helped me.

jillinmo Sat, May-15-04 07:34

I used to get a bit of a headache when my body was a bit dehydrated. I'm not saying that is the source of your headaches but when I start to get one I drink even more water and maybe it's psychological with me, but my headache would go away. Maybe give that a try and drink more water.

:) jillinmo