Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   4 Week Up-date and Thank You (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=18368)

Natrushka Fri, Aug-31-01 08:21

4 Week Up-date and Thank You

Well, it's been 4 weeks and I'm thrilled. Have to say thanks for all the wonderful help, support and information. :D This WOE has made such an improvement in my life, and it's not just the 23 lbs gone or the 14" lost. I have all this energy, I'm sleeping like I never have before, I haven't had a headache since I began LC back on Aug 3. Thanks for EVERYTHING. I feel so very much in control of my life that I doubt there's nothing I can't do!

Hugs to every single one of you,
Nat

doreen T Fri, Aug-31-01 08:41

hey Nat

Wow, congrats on all those pounds and inches lost! Mahvellous, simply mahvellous!

But, you're the one who did all the hard work. We're just the lucky ones who get to read about your success here. So a big thank YOU for sharing, and here's to continued success on your Lowcarb Journey.

{hugs}

Doreen

Karen Fri, Aug-31-01 09:00

Excellent Nat!

As Doreen said, you're the one doing the work. Support and information mean nothing unless you put it to use. You must also give yourself credit for all the support you've given others.

It's a great pleasure to have you on the board.

Karen

Natrushka Fri, Aug-31-01 09:05

Credit

Thanks, both of you. I take full credit for my successes and my failures. I made myself fat, I'm making myself slim (and healthy!). But success tastes so much sweeter when you can share it with people who understand and can empathize with your struggle.

Nat

Karen Fri, Aug-31-01 09:34

Quote:
Thanks, both of you. I take full credit for my successes and my failures.

Your understanding of that is one of the things that will make you successful!

Quote:
But success tastes so much sweeter when you can share it with people who understand and can empathize with your struggle.

So true! :D

Karen

Homegirl Fri, Aug-31-01 09:54

I didn't realize . . .

. . . that you have only been doing this since August 3rd!!!!!

When I first discovered this site I figured you had been doing this a long time because you have so many posts and are so helpful to so many people.

Fantastic and you go girl!

Isn't it the greatest feeling when you are on your way to a goal into which you know you have put a lot of "sweat" equity?

razzle Fri, Aug-31-01 10:04

Congratulations, Nat! that's a fantastic first month.

I've sure enjoyed your posts since I started reading here a couple weeks ago. You're a good gal. :)

Natrushka Fri, Aug-31-01 10:47

Geeze

Who wouldn't feel at home here? Thanks again everyone. Being helpful and supportive is simply proof that "what goes around, comes around"

Nat

doreen T Fri, Aug-31-01 10:59

Quote:
Originally posted by Natrushka
Who wouldn't feel at home here? Thanks again everyone. Being helpful and supportive is simply proof that "what goes around, comes around"

Nat
I know that feeling very well. I believe you get out of a thing what you put into it. My own weight loss is not spectacular ... I have a lot of other health problems ... but my commitment to low-carbing and to providing information and suggestions about health, nutrition and lifestyle just gets reinforced with each and every post.

Any lurkers out there reading this??? You should try posting ... it works ;) :D

Doreen

Natrushka Fri, Aug-31-01 11:10

Quote:
Originally posted by doreen T
My own weight loss is not spectacular

While I'm no lurker ;) , I have to disagree with you, Doreen. 35lbs is spectacular. If back in Sept 2000 someone had said "Hey, Doreen, you're going to lose 35 lbs doing this" I'll bet it would have appeared monumental to you then. As for the help and support you've provided everyone, we all owe you a big "Thank you".

Thank You.

Nat

tamarian Fri, Aug-31-01 11:13

Re: I didn't realize . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by Homegirl
. . . that you have only been doing this since August 3rd!!!!!

Me too! Nat, I just noticed you joined Aug 9th, but it feels like you were with us since we started. :)

WTG!

Wa'il

doreen T Fri, Aug-31-01 11:19

thanks Nat ... actually, I lost 35 lbs between May 2000 and November .... then, I took a medication that caused me to gain 15 lbs very quickly ... and I have been over 8 months trying to overcome that and just get back to where I was at before the gain .. :( .. If it weren't for this forum and keeping myself focused and dedicated, I would have given up in total discouragement. Those who've come to know me well over the months and months ... know that I truly am a commited low-carber (well, I should be commited ... **LOL**) and have constantly been trying different ways, different perspectives .. always with it in my mind that I will never go back to eating highCARB again. Whether or not there's a weight loss isn't important, it's how I feel over all. It's Low-Carbin' and Me 4ever :cool:

Thanks for your kind words though .. But I really do live by the words in my signature line. You can't win the game if you quit playing. Whatever other things I may be, I am definitely NOT a quitter.

Doreen

Natrushka Fri, Aug-31-01 11:44

Quote:
Originally posted by doreen T
I will never go back to eating highCARB again. Whether or not there's a weight loss isn't important, it's how I feel over all. It's Low-Carbin' and Me 4ever :cool:

I'm with you there. This is it for me. I love how this WOL makes me feel.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tamarian

I just noticed you joined Aug 9th, but it feels like you were with us since we started.

It feels much longer on this end too, toots, but that's how it's suposed to feel when you're comfortable somewhere, no?

Don't worry you'll get sick of me soon ;)

Nat

cori Mon, Sep-03-01 09:00

WOW!

I actually thought you had been on the WOE for a lot longer too, because you are so knowledgeable and helpful. Keep up the good, inspiring work!

r.mines Mon, Sep-03-01 09:14

Quote:
Originally posted by Natrushka
Don't worry you'll get sick of me soon ;)

Oh, no, we won't!

Rachel