Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Greetings TDC! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=183185)

lgarcia Sat, May-08-04 06:32

Greetings TDC!

Hi everybody--

I'm a new member and have been checking in here but just read the sticky and made my year commitment to hanging around!

New to LCing after 9 WW months and truly enjoying myself.

I am really excited and so darn addicted to these boards. I've not seen support like this any other place I've visited!!

I look forward to getting to know everybody!

Laura

ValerieL Sat, May-08-04 06:35

Welcome Laura!

Congrats on doing as well as you have so far, that is great! Stick around, the TDC is a great place (wonderful people) with tons of great support.

Valerie

Quest Sat, May-08-04 09:06

Hi Laura and welcome. What do you think of the difference between following a WW type diet and LC so far?

lgarcia Sat, May-08-04 09:13

Hey Diane,

I am eating more real food - I realize this was possible on WW but I was forever saying to myself - Okay, self, I can have 2 bags of M & Ms for 12 points, a large McDonald's fries for 14 points and then eat lettuce for supper. Extremely uncool!

Now I am eating meat, eggs, cheese, vegetables and I am a happy camper! My family freaked out this morning when I got up to make eggs and bacon!! They are pleased.

Laura

Vanity3 Sat, May-08-04 09:20

Isn't it the best way of life, ever?!? I love to eat, that's why I started Atkins in the first place. I tried low fat diets and was starving, now doing this I can eat until i'm satisfied And now that I am 100 pounds lighter, eating until i'm satisfied does take much at all any more. it's funny because when I go to resturants, I try to order a big meal, eating like I used to and I hardly get past the salad and a few veggies before I'm asking for a doggie bag. It's amazing how LC changes your body composition as well. Just knowing that I can still eat and i"m not deprived is comforting to me, even though i can't eat like a horse anymore....aaah, the good old days :)

Paris Sat, May-08-04 09:22

Welcome Laura!

I am so glad that you are here!

:rheart: Paris

liz175 Sat, May-08-04 09:28

Welcome to the TDC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgarcia
Hey Diane,

I am eating more real food - I realize this was possible on WW but I was forever saying to myself - Okay, self, I can have 2 bags of M & Ms for 12 points, a large McDonald's fries for 14 points and then eat lettuce for supper. Extremely uncool!

Now I am eating meat, eggs, cheese, vegetables and I am a happy camper! My family freaked out this morning when I got up to make eggs and bacon!! They are pleased.

I think that is kind of funny, because advocates of Weight Watchers are always claiming that it is a healthier way to eat than Atkins. Obviously, it is possible to abuse both diets by eating unhealthy foods.

lgarcia Sat, May-08-04 10:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz175
Obviously, it is possible to abuse both diets by eating unhealthy foods.

So true Liz and I was master of that on WW for sure! I manipulated my plan to be able to have what I wanted when I wanted it. Overdeveloped id! I got to a point where what I ate didn't resemble one iota of real food!

Laura

LoriLoCarb Sat, May-08-04 17:51

Welcome Laura! From TX here too ~ what a challenge with all the great restaurants around!! hehe Anyhow, look forward to reading your posts!

~ Lori

hummelda Sat, May-08-04 23:14

Welcome, Laura!! So glad you joined us. Looking forward to hearing more from you!