Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Office Party (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=182975)

wisdomom Fri, May-07-04 04:21

Office Party

Our bosses threw us the annual nurse's week party. They served some kind of mexi-dip on tons of chips, margaritas, banana split pudding, etc. I actually walked in there not even thinking about the food this time. I didn't seem to even care it was there. I have not been craving illegal foods at all, and that allowed me to leave that party completely in control and feeling great! I count this a another victory in my life!

myturn Fri, May-07-04 05:02

Congrats...when you realize your in control and not the food is a wonderful experience..I am very proud of you!!!

Renkin1990 Fri, May-07-04 07:31

Congratulations to you! That is a big accomplishment. And it proves that you are in control of you and what you choose to eat! WAY TO GO!

Rocky_Cdn Fri, May-07-04 07:40

It feels good, doesn't it? Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

nikotyme Fri, May-07-04 07:52

This week is Staff Appreciation at my work, for people who've been here 25 years or more, so my boss had some caterers bring in (all in batter and fried) scallops, clams, chicken wings, cheddar cheese bits....and the biggest damn strawberry shortcake cake I've ever seen. Also a veggie tray and garden salad. I'd brought some leftover meat loaf from home and loaded up on the celery, cauliflower and brocolli florets and fresh mushrooms and salad and watched as everyone else pigged out on the other stuff. I passed on the offer of a piece of cake and had to smile to myself when some of them started moaning and groaning later about their stomachs feeling queasy....what is it with some folks and free food??

I would have maybe taken a chance on the wings but the lady who delivered couldn't tell me if there was sugar in the sauce covering them before they were fried so I figured it was wiser to pass on them.

I was proud of myself for not letting that stuff tempt me.

Each little victory counts in this battle, its worth the sacrifice.

sophotia Fri, May-07-04 11:35

WTG Wisdomom and Nikotyme. That's called self control!!!

leslew5 Fri, May-07-04 12:02

Congratulations!!!

jemman Fri, May-07-04 15:26

u go!

i cant resist but complain when my company does that. everyday is someones birthday and they buy HUGE sheetcakes like everyday- every "celebration" is pizza, bagels, donuts, etc. etc. i always complain about how gross it is and cant they get something healthy, etc. im sure i make alot of people angry, but its so hard to resist, thats my coping mechanism. i've actually pulled a few people over to the "other side" by doing this- so, the hell with those who hate me because they hate themselves for eating like crap ;)

bevbme Fri, May-07-04 19:35

I find food at work the worst challenge to my diet. I am not hungry but I'm stressed and I start to just inhale garbage even if I have food in the fridge. I don't think to get my snack cuz it isn't hunger Im feeding.

LoriLoCarb Fri, May-07-04 19:44

Grats to both of you! That is amazing to me! I have the biggest resolve at home, but find social situations at work uncomfortable, not so much because I crave the food but because I don't want people to really know (and comment) that I am "dieting". Crazy I know, but still a big challenge for me. So far I have been able to skirt around all these situations and will just take it day by day =)

wisdomom Fri, May-07-04 19:57

Thanks all for your support! Congrats Nikotyme, way to go!!

liz175 Sat, May-08-04 06:33

Congratulations! Isn't it great not to be ruled by cravings for food?

ValerieL Sat, May-08-04 06:45

Well done! The work situations are hard. After losing 80 lbs, it's hard to hide the fact that I'm dieting, so when I decline cake or whatever, they don't give me a hard time anymore, but I didn't want to deal with it when I was just starting and no one knew I was dieting. I remember one birthday, I actually took the piece of cake, and pretended to eat it. Took miniscule amounts to my mouth and pretended, mushed the cake up on the plate, made it look like I had eaten some of it. No one commented so I didn't need to add my plan B. If someone had said anything I was going to do a "Oh, I ate way too much at lunch, I'm still stuffed from that."

Valerie