Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   poor dh, but had to laugh (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=182814)

ndhulst Thu, May-06-04 08:54

poor dh, but had to laugh

I made the best LC no bake cookies, but I used malitol as I wanted to use these up and figured this would be a good thing as I would only be eating small amounts because they were a little bit higher carb than most treats I make

I mostly use xylitol as it has less effective of bodily functions LOL
I would love to use splenda but it gives me a very bad headache!!

but they were so yummy, tasted just like the real thing, I warned my DH to only eat two a day or he would be in trouble, he said ok and proceeded to eat 5!!

and proceeded to run to potty all night!! LOL I shouldn't laugh but I warned him, he said they tasted so much like the real thing he couldn't stop eating them!!

I told him that this is a good thing of SA they limit how many you can have and force you not to binge on sweets( well you can binge if you can handle being on the pot all day LOL)

my husband has since banned all malitol use in the house LOL
I promised not to make any more delicous treats that he couldn't control himself with LOL

I just had to share It was so funny :D

angieK Thu, May-06-04 09:04

Well you warned him !!!!!!!
Where do you buy xylitol and in what form does it come in?
angie

pookalee Thu, May-06-04 09:22

Too funny!!! But he will think twice next time !!!

mom2e&r Thu, May-06-04 10:56

That is funny, now you get to say "I told you so". LOL Do you mind sharing the recipe? (I'll be sure to not use malitol LOL)

Fatkat Thu, May-06-04 11:22

Funny, tell me more about the cookies. I don't cook are they hard to make?

K

w0rd Thu, May-06-04 11:23

i want the recipe too!! :D

Birddog Thu, May-06-04 11:52

Me too! :D

ndhulst Thu, May-06-04 12:24

Ok I am not sure where I got it..just one of those surf days LOL

I would use xylitol...it comes in same form as sugar...comparable usage as well....I found mine at a health food store...but I have seen it online as well

these were my favorite before I went on lc...so I was glad to see a recipe come out...they are a little on the high end as the oatmeal...but I save them for I deserve a treat day :)

No bake cookies
2 cups splenda( I use xylitol)
2 sticks butter-unsalted
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup no sugar coconut{optional}
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups keto oatmeal
1/2 cup whippimg cream

mix cocoa,splenda,butter,whipping cream in a pot,bring to a rolling boil for 1 minute.remove from heat add vanilla,peanut butter,coconut,oat meal.
drop by tsp on wax paper.makes about 30 cookies.ENJOY!!

I put mine in the fridge to harden, normal no bake cookies dry quickly, but these seem to take longer.

enjoy...but remeber if you use sugar alchols...limit yourself to two a day LOL

Dawna Thu, May-06-04 12:57

These sound wonderful. Thank you for sharing. :)

ndhulst Thu, May-06-04 13:09

tell me how you guys like them Id love to hear!! :)

Fatkat Thu, May-06-04 13:16

Any idea how many carbs? I am going to make them for myself for mothers day..

Kat

Fridaylove Thu, May-06-04 13:22

That's too funny!!!
I hate Sugar Alcohols...they make me feel all funny!!

Good for warning him, but you know men...they neva listen to us!!!

PecanPie Thu, May-06-04 13:35

Xylitol is packaged as Miracle Sweet where I buy it (GNC). I think it is terrific - expensive, but it lasts a long time.

PecanPie

ndhulst Thu, May-06-04 14:52

I am not sure exact carb amounts, i kind of eyeballed it at something between 3-6 carbs per cookie(depending on how big you make them)

this is not an exact amount could be a little more, probably depends on the oatmeal you use...

hope this helps...

AnnieFelac Fri, May-07-04 13:54

Yippee! (not about your DH of course) but about the cookies!!! I've been hoping to figure out how to make those since I started. They're my favorite too!!! I think I'll have to make them for Mother's day too. I wonder what would happen if I tried it with splenda. Then I could eat more, hehe. But of course that darned oatmeal has to have carbs. :( I wonder if I can cancel out some of those carbs with added fiber, like inulin or flaxseedmeal without ruining the flavor. Hmmm, then I could eat more. :) Annie