Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Mmmm Slurpeeeee!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=182734)

jenijeni Wed, May-05-04 21:56

Mmmm Slurpeeeee!!

I have not drank ANY caffine since I started in Jan of this year. My husband said he was going to 7-11 to get himself a Slurpee (my OLD TIME FAV!!) I was a little upset and JOKED to get me onw too if they have a zero carb one! Well he cam eback with this HUGE Diet Pepsi Slurpee!!! EEK! :eek: :D

Who would of thought! I know I am not suppose to drink Diet Pepsi really, but one time won't hurt right?! LOL! OMG! I drank half of it and felt like I was BUZZED and had a BAD headache! HAHA!! Then I got the "runs" a little while later! LOL! :rolleyes:

I was just surprised how much what we eat really does affect our bodies. But you know what... i will drnk one again someday, just a MUCH MUCH smaller one! :p

drchickon Wed, May-05-04 22:07

you poor thing! I tried the slurpee too, but it tasted SO sweet to me that I couldn't drink more than a few sips. But, I do keep it in mind for when I have a sweet tooth...I can get a tiny one and have a few sips... usually does the trick!

146pounds Wed, May-05-04 22:49

Thanks for telling me. when summer rolls around I'll know to head down to the 711.

BlitzedAng Thu, May-06-04 06:16

I tried the diet pepsi slurpee and gagged. The crystal light slurpee seemed ok. Guess I am just not into good ole slurpees anymore.

Itty Thu, May-06-04 08:05

Crystal light slurpee? Gawd, you americans get all the good stuff...

We don't really have 7-11's in Toronto, but Mac's have some of the same things.

I'd like to say thanks, because I have been thinking of an alternative to the iced cappuccinos and chillers that have milk sugar and cream in them (and coffee), and how I can get my buzz in when it is 35C (about 100F) in the smoggy city.

M

Vicki B. Thu, May-06-04 08:05

Oh my gosh! I was totally addicted to slurpees last summer! I would make my hubby stop so we could get one every time we were leaving the beach! I just thought of them as off limits. I didn't even think of diet pepsi ones (though I'm not a big fan of diet pepsi) or crystal light ones! I'll have to remember that after trips to the beach!

Vicki B.

libra81 Thu, May-06-04 08:08

I was wondering about those b/c I was a slurpee-holic before this woe but have been afraid to try them for fear that they have hidden carbs or sugars or something.

pookalee Thu, May-06-04 11:33

Itty, I think I say some frozen coffee recipes on some of the lowcarb recipes sites. Do a search for lowcarb coffee recipes and see what happens!

packergal Thu, May-06-04 11:36

I'm planning to make my own icee/slurpee things this summer with shaved ice and SF syrups. I forgot to pick up a fruit flavored one last weekend or else I'd already be trying it. Seems like a possible way to make popsicles too (flavor the water & freeze it)

I don't think we have 7-11 anywhere around here any longer.

Brenda