Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Old Shirts.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=182391)

TonyT1965 Tue, May-04-04 13:06

Old Shirts....

evening all, just to let ya know i tried on ALL my old shirts that used to bulge a bit round the middle this morning...

and guess what, THEY ALL FIT.....

so i think i must have lost a lot of inches, even after only losing 19lb..

just wanted to tell someone... lol..

all the best..

Tony

jagbender Tue, May-04-04 13:25

Great Job! About two weeks ago I gave about 6 dress shirts to someone at work. I actually wore one OVER my shirt and showed everyone how much I lost!
It feels great to lose and share your results.

Again Tony great job!
Jag

TonyT1965 Tue, May-04-04 15:26

aint that the truth mate..

to be honest it feels like i have found a real haven for me here, like minded people, all with the same goals, and the same guts to openly admit they need to improve things...

i just wish i'd found this place last time i tried atkins, maybe then i'd have stuck at it and would be sorted now..

anyway, all the best...

Tony

lowcarbjo Tue, May-04-04 15:35

Congrats!!! Isn't it a wonderful feeling?? Today i just sipped into a pair of pants with ease and 2 months ago I could barely zip them up. I haven't lost much in the way of pounds but the inches are coming off... it still baffles me how the scale hardly moves but the inches dissapear.... one of life's sweet mysteries I guess!! ;)

irisda Tue, May-04-04 15:38

Hey TonyT,

I would suggest starting a journal. You want instant feed back and motivation that is an amazing source.

19 pounds is an amazing loss. keep up the fantastic work.

shipto Tue, May-04-04 15:59

Oh my god had the same experience my wife brought me a cream shirt with a dragon motif in a medium I could usually get away with medium but this shirt was tight and I was scared that if i took too big a breathe it would pop the buttons. anyway tried it on friday and it fit with room to spare :D

adkpam Wed, May-05-04 09:47

Hey Tony! You're getting denser!

dsmith26 Wed, May-05-04 14:35

When my clothes starting falling off I took them to the local consignment shop. I've made over $50 bucks and have used it all to buy new clothes. Plus, it is incentive to never ever go back to those sizes.

congrats -
dona.

govols Wed, May-05-04 14:56

Me too--I tried on a blouse that one month ago was tight around my chest and stomach. Today I wore it on a job interview and it fit well with room too spare :) It is incredible how the weight it coming off slowly but the inches you lose on this plan is amazing. I don't care how much I weigh as long as I feel good and my clothes are Loose!!

TonyT1965 Wed, May-05-04 16:35

yeah, i seem to have lost a lot of inches in a week or so but only lost 4lb... not complaining, being here is making me realise that the numbers on the scales arent everything

all the best..

Tony