Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   New lo carb magazines (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=182163)

kywoman Mon, May-03-04 11:14

New lo carb magazines

Anyone read any of the new low carb magazines now on the rack?

Lobstergal Mon, May-03-04 12:03

Yes. I just bought one. Low carb Living but found it packed with more advertisements for low carb frankenfood then necessary and only a couple articles of interest.

blue4lemon Mon, May-03-04 12:37

I got a subscription to that one for my bday.

Birddog Mon, May-03-04 12:47

I haven't seen any lc magazines. Hopefully as time goes on they will improve the inners of the magazines. Like maybe success stories. Heaven know we have enough questions, successes and helpfull hints to fill a magazines for years to come. :D

blue4lemon Mon, May-03-04 12:51

That magazine does have a lot of advertisements but I have found great products through it. It's not all geared towards one low-carb diet, but low-carbing in general. I think it's neat, and it gives me something to read besides the other magazines that have such articles as "the fast food diet: eat what they say not to and LOSE weight".

letsgo Mon, May-03-04 13:27

I get both LC Living and LC Energy. Now I've only gotten 1 issue of each. Seems that the Energy mag has alot more recipes, which is a bonus for me. I have to agree that Living is a little lackluster with a ton of ads. But I'm keeping my subsciption to both to give them a chance!

JeannieM Mon, May-03-04 15:06

I agree with what's been said about LC Living. I picked up a copy at Barnes & Noble a few weeks ago -- figured I'd give it a read and decide if it was worth subscribing. And I decided not to subscribe because there was not enough info and WAY too many ads for my taste.

I get LC Luxury on-line and I really like that one -- if I remember correctly, it's free. Does anyone else get it?

Jeannie

Demi Mon, May-03-04 15:21

Yes, I subscribe to LC Luxury Online, but I also subscribe to the two new print magazines LC Energy and LC Living.

Along with most other opinions here, I would also say that LC Energy is the best - and when subscription renewal time comes around, it will be the only one I re-subscribe to.

GrlyGrl Mon, May-03-04 15:46

Low Carb Living magazine = waste of cash

I bought Low Carb living...and hated it....the above post is right -- it's just a vehicle to push frankenfoods. The editorial slant is not very Atkins friendly either -- the articles all had the tone of "limit your fat", "watch your cholesterol", and "don't eat animal fats".

black57 Mon, May-03-04 19:09

It is the frankenfoods that sponsor the magazines. Would you rather see them supported by Wonder Bread or Pizza Hut? Someone has to foot the bill. These mags are baby magazines. As they grow thngs will change, but I do feel that LC magazines need our support. If you want to see any changes write to the publisher and offer some clever hints or recipes that use no frankenfoods.

Elsah Mon, May-03-04 19:13

I haven't been able to find it at the store yet but the Low Carb energy one looks really good. I checked out the preview of it on their website. It looked like all the recipes and such were very Atkins directed and not trying to push low fat at all.

Jenn

judyr Mon, May-03-04 19:17

I have read both. I chose to subscribe to LC energy because I felt the writing was better. I have ejoyed the receipes very much.

146pounds Mon, May-03-04 21:56

I'm a member of the GNC and they publish a Health magazine that caters to every type of dietary lifestyle especially lo-carbing and weight lifting. It's a great zine with good recipes, tips, and ads for lo carb products....super bonus -it's for free!

Mossling Mon, May-03-04 22:59

I subscribed to both Living and Energy. I agree with black57: these are new, baby mags and deserve to be given a chance. Yes, there are lots of frankenfood ads, but, well, have you read a Ladies' Home Journal or Family Circle lately? Not just frankenfoods, but ones that don't fit our way of life at all! I also subscribe to LC Luxury online (if a little is good, all of it is better!) They all have some articles that are interesting to me, and that's the important thing. To me, anyway.

The frankenfood ads? I just ignore 'em.

Jude